Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 Bios Recovery Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, so many thanks for your help, i really appreciate. Am not sure but i think the problem is the usb stick. What kind of usb i must use? i have readed in others threads that the process needs a very old one (128MB) but i have a 1Gb usb i mean the smallest that i have and seems doesn't work.
Well i used one of 512mb. soo you need to find one
Hello jlac,

To recover your BIOS, follow the procedures in Post #6.

In step #3, follow steps 1-4 of these instructions for the creation of a bootable USB flashdrive. Anything 2GB and under will work.
(08-18-2014, 11:11 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello d3n7s,

I have extracted the BIOS file from the Dell archive. This file can be found here.

I had to use the [file.exe] /writeromfile command to get the .rom file out of the archive, where [file.exe] was the name of the Dell executable.

But when I do the [file.exe] /writeromfile, it gives me an "Error: Invalid WinFlash Parameters".

Also tried /writehdrfile, same error. Confused

The file I am trying to extract is from here.

Any help will be much appreciated. Smile Smile
Hello undios,

The file compression technique for this file was different from that of the other Dell file. UniExtract works perfectly to extract it.

If you wish for this BIOS image to be modded, please make a request in the Insyde BIOS Unlocking Requests forum. BDMaster is our expert on Insyde BIOSes.

~Steven
(12-30-2014, 05:59 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello undios,

The file compression technique for this file was different from that of the other Dell file. UniExtract works perfectly to extract it.

If you wish for this BIOS image to be modded, please make a request in the Insyde BIOS Unlocking Requests forum. BDMaster is our expert on Insyde BIOSes.

~Steven

Thank you sml, I actually found the solution.

Just in case someone else is looking for the same thing, here's how I did it.

It's quite easy,

1) download the xxxxx.exe file from dell official website, and run the installer from another computer.

2) It will then say it's not the right model, but before you click OK, if you go to your temporary folder, you will see the .fd (or whatever BIOS) file is been extracted. (The temp folder in my case is under c:\user\[yourname]\appdata\local\temp

3) Just copy the file out of the temporary folder before you click OK from the xxxxx.exe running program.

There you go.

Cheers.
One more question guys, will the process of manual flashing bios wipe the embedded "windows product key" from the motherboard? In my case, it's a dell laptop.

Thanks in advance.
Hello undios,

It might, but you would have to refer to BDMaster for an accurate answer as he is the "Master" of all things Insyde. I will notify him of your question.

~Steven
(12-30-2014, 08:42 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello undios,

It might, but you would have to refer to BDMaster for an accurate answer as he is the "Master" of all things Insyde. I will notify him of your question.

~Steven

Thank you very much Steven, excuse me not noticing your name before Tongue
(12-30-2014, 08:45 PM)undios Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2014, 08:42 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello undios,

~Steven

Thank you very much Steven, excuse me not noticing your name before Tongue

Hi friend,
Steven wrote to me about You !
So I think the best thing is to get a Bios Backup for your laptop !
So if You are trying to Recover your Bios and You have not done a Backup,
It's a little problem as We have to know your serial and to find where is placed
into DMI Data Bios !
Let me know precisely what do You want to get and do !
Regards
Pages: 1 2 3