Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire E380 R01-B4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(02-24-2010, 01:58 AM)Rogue_Ant Wrote: [ -> ]Well, 215 is the best I can get out of the FSB for the moment... Not a huge deal either way, just was wondering why my settings aren't having an effect.

Also, I was reading about the processor upgrade BIOS mod... Is this a possibility with my board? I would love to use a 4core Phenom at some point. It appears that my board is very similar to the Nettle 2 stuff.

-RA

I think thewiz is currently looking into Phenom Support for this board!

Regards
Admin
Apparently, if Tango confirms my suspicion, it is there? If so I will add the pdated AGESA and NCPUCODE.BIN, but I need some communication.

TheWiz
You got mail...
I hope it will work, I will test it for an Athlon 64 X2 and for a Phenom X4 9750...
Anyone have resources to Phenom II? Doesn't really matter, because if the Phenom I boots its easy to just update AGESA for Phenom II.

EDIT: I have created a new version for those who HAVE THE ABILITY TO RECOVER IF NEED BE. I believe Tango is a good candidate because I believe he has a spare BIOS chip. This version updates AGESA and Microcode to support Phenom I and II proccessors that are NO GREATER than 95W (65 highly reccomended) It also should fix the SATA issues reported with the Nettle2 BIOS, and hopefully improve stability issues reported by Tango.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/E380Fix.bin

Good luck Tango!

TheWiz
Was just looking on Newegg... Any reason why the 65w is recommended (really limits Phenom selection).

Regardless, I'm anxious to see how this Bios works out! I might have to get a Phenom on order Smile
Well, the sockets reported max tdp on the site is 89W, so Tango tested his own board and came up with 103. So really you would want to go with a midrange Phenom II 920 or 940 thats 95W. Also Tango, hold off flashing the link above, I forgot to throw in an update.

TheWiz
I'm on hold here... Wink
Just waiting for your "GO!"...

...and ordered a Phenom X4 9600 for about 79,- €uros plus shipping on ebay... *wink*
Well, here it is GO! Seeming as how you c=have hotflash ability at least try that one until I get the new one going.

TheWiz
I don't know if or how or when awdflash done anything but now the last E380-BIOS with all these neat, sweet and petit OC-functions and my custom logos works stable, no more dificulties in rebooting several times, but i can't write your last E380FIX.bin to my BIOS...
awdflash tells me that: "The program files BIOS-Lock-String does not match with your system!"
WTF shall I do with such a message? AAARGH!!! So what kind of param should I set to let awdflash ignore it?
I did:
A:\>awdflash E380FIX.bin /py /sn /Wb /cd /cc /cp /R
I think /f forces it, try that.

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9