Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request]HP Envy 15-j071sf Bios unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I ordered those today, I'll get back to you once they're received !
Ok I will wait your news !
Regards
Sooooo, recieved both "MX25L6405 W25Q64 Programmeur USB LCD Burner CH341A Progamme 24 25 Series" and "SOIC8 SOP8 pince de Test pour EEPROM 93CXX / 25CXX / 24CXX en circuit programmation + 2 adaptateurs".
Ok mate,
We have to Dismantle the laptop to get your MoBo nacked and find the Eeprom Chip !
Normaly It is located under bottom MoBo and near the ENE Chipset !
Your Eeprom Chip 25 SPI 8 Pins Soic8 is :

--- Flash Devices Found ---
W25Q64BV ID:0xEF4017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

Try to find It then You have to connect the Clip to the SPI PGM and to Eeprom Chip
aligneing all to Pin #1 (on chip You will see a little ball on pin #1) while on PGM
is descripted on instructions !
So after connecting all try to read It and upload here the Full Dump Firmware !
Be aware just only read before all and make backup of Eeprom containing !!!
Let me know
Regards

P.S. I will try to find an Harware Maintenance Manual or Video of It for You !
I'll have a look tonight, I needed to repaste anyway, but I just realised I also need to find a second pc to run the thing's software, so that's going to push things a bit further back. I'll get back to you !
Ok mate,
I will wait your news !
Reagrds
I'm having an issue reading the chip, the software displays nothing but 00 and FF..
Okay, so strangely enough, plugging into the winbond chip gives me an empty read. However, I plugged into a mxic chip that have me a read with stuff inside.
Have You removed from MoBo Battery, RAM Modules ? before reading Eeprom Chip ?
Aaaand here is the dump ! Ended up not using the clip and temporarily soldering the wires directly to the winbond chip.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/us1hqg
Pages: 1 2 3 4