Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Pavilion DV6 RSA signed bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering if maybe the newest bios for my dv6-6b41ed could be modded (whitelist removal and default advanced menu). According to this site it is possible nowadays to modify RSA signed bioses. Here is the link to the newest bios.
A few more questions. What are the risks of flashing a modified RSA signed bios? How big is the chance of bricking my laptop? And if it bricks, is there any way to recover it?
I am currently running a modded F.02 bios, without any problems. Is it worth upgrading to F.1C if it can be modded?

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT: Some time ago I was here as well, but with the account of Kevin38423198. For some reason I cannot login to this account anymore, so I decided to make a new one.
Actualy only using an HW SPI Programmer is possible to Reflash Bios Mod
Signed (RSA Check bypassed thanks to Donovan6k) !
Get the tools and We can do !

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...val?page=3

Let me know
Regards
Wow. Thanks for the answer, but I didn't know the process would be different from flashing a non-RSA bios, like F.02. Since my laptop is my daily machine I don't really want to take the risk of doing something wrong, so I am not going to do it. Thanks for the help.

Kevin