Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317136
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101074
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40971
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55318
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64132
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6569
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52219
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167225
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 140

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad S405 Whitelist Removal
(07-15-2014, 12:16 PM)DotBowder Wrote: I would be willing to make a tutorial. That being said, all I did was follow this tutorial. http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-TU...ware-Flash There are slight differences as I used the Clip instead of de-soldering the chip. The software for the flash was a bit different and I had to do a little research for a workaround for windows (I bought a cheaper Chinese flashing usb dongle.) but over the next few days I can compile some print screens and a basic write-up of what I did.

Perfect Wink thanks friend !!!
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
So I have a rough draft for the steps. Tell me if there's anything else I should include. I'll need to pretty it up a little but this is what I have at the moment.

Quote:CH341A
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...H0.XCH341A+&_nkw=CH341A+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

SOIC8 SOP8 Test Clip
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...Test+Clips&_nkw=SOIC8+SOP8+flash+chip+IC+Test+Clips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Flashing your BIOS with hardware.

Step 1.
Obtain a modified bios.
* The community is ready and willing to help you with this. If you don't have the skills, you can do what I did and ask for a modified bios. Use the proper system that is already set to request a modified bios. [insert link here to template]

Step 2.
Purchase the necessary equipment.
* For my bios chip I needed a CH341A programmer and a SOIC8 SOP8 test clip. (Found them on ebay, it cost me a total of $20 for both items.)

Step 3.
Download the drivers and software for the programmer you purchased.
* (The drivers and software for the hardware I purchased were located on the seller's ad page on ebay.) This step should usually be completed BEFORE plugging the programmer to your computer. Installing them before plugging the programmer into your computer will help avoid potential driver trouble with Windows. (I had some trouble installing the drivers and had to Disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" as the drivers were not digitally signed Looking back on it I maybe should have used a virtual machine but... oh well.]) After installation, reboot your computer.

Step 4.
Plug in the programmer into your computer and run the included software.

Step 5.
Identify the bios chip on your motherboard and secure the clip onto the board.
* This was kind of difficult for me. I looked up a schematic of my motherboard to find out where it would most likely be located.

Step 6.
This step will be based entirely on the software that came with your programmer. I will show the steps involved in the software that came with mine.
* Either enter in the exact chip information or, if the software you're using has an auto-detect option, you can use this, but I would recommend double checking. I went the lazy route and just went with the auto-detection. It worked well enough for me but I don't recommend relying on it.

Step 7.
Read the chip.
* Read the current programming on the chip and make some comparisons to the original bios. This can be done with a Hex editor. Just make sure that it looks almost exactly the same. Remember, they should be the same file just with a few edits so they should still look almost identical.

Step 8.
Load the modified bios file and write it to the chip.
* After loading the modified file, the tools I used only required I click an "Auto" button. This then took around a minute or two to write everything to the bios chip. If the program freezes, or appears to be doing nothing, don't touch anything for the next 10 minutes as you don't want to mess anything up if it is doing something.

Step 9.
Remove the clips and see if your laptop boots.

I also have some pictures of the process but still need to take a few more tomorrow.

What are your thoughts?
find
It's all perfect It seems You are expert and You know what It needs to do !!!
You can comment every operations (additional may be research You have done or others suggestions from users or friends)
That's It !!!
Thanks friend, I will look this Tutorial as quick as it's possible !
Regards

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
So, I haven't forgotten about making that tutorial. I have been really busy. I have some pictures, but I still need a few more. I will get them soon.
find
(07-24-2014, 01:29 PM)DotBowder Wrote: So, I haven't forgotten about making that tutorial. I have been really busy. I have some pictures, but I still need a few more. I will get them soon.

I posted this thread to help some users whose want to try this experiment !
Just to show that It's possible and anyone can do !
So I will be grateful for your efforts to realize this tutorial !
Many thanks friend.
Regards

find
I honestly don't know very much about flashing chips but I was asked to make a guide on how I succeeded in flashing a modded bios from this forum to my laptop bios. I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device if you followed this guide.

Flashing your bios:

Step 1.
Obtain a modified bios.
The community is ready and willing to help you with this. If you don't have the skills, you can do what I did, and ask for a modified bios. Use the proper system that is already set to request a modified bios. [insert template link here]

Step 2.
Purchase the necessary equipment (Assuming there is no way to flash your bios without hardware.)
For my bios chip I needed a CH341A programmer and a SOIC8 SOP8 test clip. (Found them on ebay, it cost me a total of $20 USD for both items.)

[Image: u9DNkN8.png]

Step 3.
(The drivers and software for the hardware I purchased were located on the seller's ad page on ebay.) This step should usually be completed BEFORE plugging the programmer to your computer. Installing them before plugging the programmer into your computer will help avoid potential driver trouble with Windows. (I had some trouble installing the drivers and had to Disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" as the drivers were not digitally signed Looking back on it I maybe should have used a virtual machine but... oh well.) After installation, reboot your computer.

Step 4.
Connect the clip to the programmer and then plug in the programmer into your computer. Run the included software.

Step 5.
Identify the bios chip on your motherboard.
This was kind of difficult for me. I looked up a schematic of my motherboard to find out where the bios would most likely be located.

[Image: 7xUoFgn.jpg]
[Image: jrN6biG.jpg]

Step 6.
This step will be based entirely on the software that came with your programmer. I will show the steps involved in the software that came with mine.
Either enter in the exact chip information or, if the software you're using has an auto-detect option, you can use this, but I would recommend double checking. I went the lazy route and just went with the auto-detection. It worked well enough for me but I don't recommend relying on it.

[Image: wyYa4Uw.png]

[Image: ZaYE5sT.png]

Step 7.
Read the chip.
Read the current programming on the chip and make some comparisons to the original bios. This can be done with a Hex editor. Just make sure that it looks almost exactly the same. Remember, they should be the same file just with a few edits so they should still look almost identical.

[Image: DuVymbf.png]

Step 8.
After loading the modified file, the tools I used only required I click an "Auto" button. This then took around a minute or two to write everything to the bios chip. If the program freezes, or appears to be doing nothing, don't touch anything for the next 10 minutes as you don't want to mess anything up if it is doing something.

[Image: Jcf1ssJ.png]

[Image: WgGQlTc.png]

[Image: iAWwk9m.png]

Step 9.
find
(07-28-2014, 08:44 PM)DotBowder Wrote: I honestly don't know very much about flashing chips but I was asked to make a guide on how I succeeded in flashing a modded bios from this forum to my laptop bios. I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device if you followed this guide.

Flashing your bios:

Step 1.
Obtain a modified bios.
The community is ready and willing to help you with this. If you don't have the skills, you can do what I did, and ask for a modified bios. Use the proper system that is already set to request a modified bios. [insert template link here]

Step 2.
Purchase the necessary equipment (Assuming there is no way to flash your bios without hardware.)
For my bios chip I needed a CH341A programmer and a SOIC8 SOP8 test clip. (Found them on ebay, it cost me a total of $20 USD for both items.)

[Image: u9DNkN8.png]

Step 3.
(The drivers and software for the hardware I purchased were located on the seller's ad page on ebay.) This step should usually be completed BEFORE plugging the programmer to your computer. Installing them before plugging the programmer into your computer will help avoid potential driver trouble with Windows. (I had some trouble installing the drivers and had to Disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" as the drivers were not digitally signed Looking back on it I maybe should have used a virtual machine but... oh well.) After installation, reboot your computer.

Step 4.
Connect the clip to the programmer and then plug in the programmer into your computer. Run the included software.

Step 5.
Identify the bios chip on your motherboard.
This was kind of difficult for me. I looked up a schematic of my motherboard to find out where the bios would most likely be located.

[Image: 7xUoFgn.jpg]
[Image: jrN6biG.jpg]

Step 6.
Either enter in the exact chip information or, if the software you're using has an auto-detect option, you can use this, but I would recommend double checking. I went the lazy route and just went with the auto-detection. It worked well enough for me but I don't recommend relying on it.

[Image: wyYa4Uw.png]

[Image: ZaYE5sT.png]

Step 7.
Read the chip.
Read the current programming on the chip and make some comparisons to the original bios. This can be done with a Hex editor. Just make sure that it looks almost exactly the same. Remember, they should be the same file just with a few edits so they should still look almost identical.

[Image: DuVymbf.png]

Step 8.
After loading the modified file, the tools I used only required I click an "Auto" button. This then took around a minute or two to write everything to the bios chip. If the program freezes, or appears to be doing nothing, don't touch anything for the next 10 minutes as you don't want to mess anything up if it is doing something.

[Image: Jcf1ssJ.png]

[Image: WgGQlTc.png]

[Image: iAWwk9m.png]

Step 9.

SUPER !!!!!
Many Thanks friend.

find
Hey guys, does anyone know how to find a schematic of a Lenovo P500 so I can locate the bios chip on the motherboard? I have to flash a corrupt bios.
find
(01-09-2015, 05:01 PM)Ibbanez Wrote: Hey guys, does anyone know how to find a schematic of a Lenovo P500 so I can locate the bios chip on the motherboard? I have to flash a corrupt bios.

I've done a little searching and it looks like it might be one of a couple different board types. 
Look on the left side of this image where it says VIWZ1_Z2 LA-9061P
http://partsexpert.com.ua/content/images...791817.jpg

Look on your motherboard where it says LA-9061P in the picture and do a google search for what's written on your board. 

I did a quick search www.google.com/search?q=LA-9061P and found this http://kythuatphancung.com/uploads/downl...-9061P.pdf 

If your motherboard was the LA-9061P, if you look at the schematic, on page 2, it shows the bios (SPIROM BIOS) hooked into, what would have used to have been called the south bridge [I'm going to call it the south bridge from now on because I don't know what they're calling it these days.](The Intel Panther Point chip). If you look at this picture of the motherboard from the top http://partsexpert.com.ua/content/images...small2.jpg. You can see that you have the CPU in the center, and 2 other big chips. The one on top is likely the graphics core and the one on the left is likely the south bridge. (I'm guessing the one on the top is the graphics card because of the long memory chips next to it as a GPU typically will have memory chips very close to it.) So if you look around the southbridge you'll see several chips that could be the Bios chip. Unfortunately I simply took a guess as to what chip was my bios and I was right. You may need to take a picture of the chips in that area, or even take a picture of your motherboard, and post it on the forum here. I'm sure if you posted a few good quality pictures, someone on this forum would be able to point out your Bios chip.

Edit* I am an amateur when it comes to doing this sort of thing. Most of my instructions are based on my experience which is very limited. So, please, take this with a grain of salt.
find
I have to see your Bios Backup !
use these tools run them as Admin and upload the results files here :

http://rghost.net/58219938

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

find