Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Athlon64 4000+ on ECS Nforce3-a754
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks for you help TheWiz - I'll try it as soon as I can - most likely tomorrow now.
Hi TheWiz,
I flashed your modded bios and got a Bios checksum error. Fortunately I'd read your recovery instructions and generated a windows98 bootdisk with the original bios on it - worked a treat - phew!

Do you have any further suggestions to get the mobile 4000+ cpu working on my board?
Yes, if you don't mind me asking, do you think you can try 1234s282's mod. Im wondering if because I used newer microcode the bios wasn't able to make headway of it. Normally in AWDFLASH< if it says bad checksum, you can flash back to the other bios before the reboot. So in my opinion this is the next logical step.

Sorry bout that :S,

TheWiz
Hi TheWiz - I flashed 1234s282's bios, and it too gave a Bios Rom checksum error. Is it that my donor board might have been incorrect? It was from a board with exactly the same chipset, that apparently supports turion 64 chips (which I understand should therefore support the chip I have), and was taken from the page:

http://angelfall.s39.xrea.com/area2ch/turion-e.html

Do you have any other ideas?
Heres attempt number 2:-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/ECS%20Nfo...34s282.zip

Good Luck!

1234s282
Thanks 1234s282. That bios works and doesn't give a checksum error. However, it still doesn't recognise the 4000+ chip. When switched on with this chip there appears to be no POST, but the DVD drive/floppy are repeatedly accessed, with no system start-up or display.

Some boards with the Nforce3 chipset for socket 754 do seem to support this processor. Is there any way of identifying whether the processor is a dud? - externally it looks ok with no discoloration - only some, of what appears to be, black deposit on several of the pins.
Mod removed - there must be a way! Tongue - In the meantime flash back to the original

This will be investigated further Smile

Please be patient

Admin
Thanks 1234s282.
Thanks for your patience arcturus

Im starting to think that this is more of a hardware limitation of the nforce3-250 chipset. I have not found any other motherboard which uses this chipset that takes the 4000+. The CPU support for this chipset seems to stop at 3700+.

Matching chipsets is important when we do our CPU mods - the boards need to match as much as possible

Regards
Admin
(04-25-2010, 05:12 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your patience arcturus

Im starting to think that this is more of a hardware limitation of the nforce3-250 chipset. I have not found any other motherboard which uses this chipset that takes the 4000+. The CPU support for this chipset seems to stop at 3700+.

Matching chipsets is important when we do our CPU mods - the boards need to match as much as possible

Regards
Admin

when I looked into this before i found thats its because of the dual channel ram controller in the 4000+ chip. The 754 Nforce 3 cant handle it but the 939 Nforce 3 can.

Nick
Pages: 1 2 3