Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo B570e CPU whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should work fine
You're lucky as when You will to recover your Laptop You cna use that Bios Backup with
SPI PGM to rebuild your Firmware and rewrite It back to get working machine Wink !!!
Regards
My laptop did not boot with i5-3210M. I sort of guessed that would be the case.
Oh dear, I'm sorry Sad

Might be that you dont have Intel HD 4000 VBIOS in your BIOS (Video for that GPU)
or
Intel Management Engine version is too old.

Sorry again, but you will have to use external programmer to reflash old bios
I took the risk. Not a big problem, I anyway needed a better CPU. I now have a HP ProBook 6560b. I may try recovering Lenovo later but it is more or less useless for me without i5. Are there ways to get the updated VBIOS or Management Engine?
Hi there,

I am pretty sure that Lenovo's whitelist will not allow for my B570 to take a i5-2520M cpu that I bought (manual only lists 2410m, 2310M, 2430M, and 2330M which I have).

I did see the B570e thread, but I am not sure if there is a significant enough difference between the two models that there would be different bios.

Also I am running on linux so I would need a dos package (which I have used to whitelist my wifi module already) even if the B570e thread is relevant.

I am going to include both the stock and the wifi modified bios packages.

Best,
Yurilebbie
I don't understand !
You have the Bios Mod by Camiloml for DOS ?
You posted here !
So what are asking ?
Let me know
Regards
Oh I am sorry I thought that WiFi whitelist was different from cpu whitelist. Is it the same in this instance?
No CPU is different !
Ask to Oleh, write to him a PM !
Regards
Pages: 1 2 3