Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-592G BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Yes I would like to continue.

As for the backup tool, does it need a GUI? During the Windows set-up boot, you can fire up a command prompt but I'm not sure if you could run GUI stuff or not (I'll try it here in a few mins).
This tool is manual script, it uses direct reading from RAM (most antiviruses report it is virus,but it is safe!) so it must be run with Admin rights.
You can plug external HDD and install WIN there.
Alright; I don't have an external HDD so it looks like I'll just do the Windows install. I'll report back in about 10 minutes with the results of the tool.
Bad news!
1.Your bios chip is rewrite protected!Error 316 and 318 are not bypassable!
2.Recovery name not detected when bios unpacked.
3.So you need SPi programmer+Pomona SOIC8 clip to flash this mod.
Do you want to continue?
- Is there perhaps any other way I could go about the mod without the programmer?
- Could I guess at the recovery name?
- Would the backup tool provide any different information if I installed drivers within Windows (I'm using a clean install without any drivers; no drivers for any of Intel's stuff)?
- Could I try just taking the .fd and running with Acer's BIOS flasher tool?
- Would the backup tool information be different if I perhaps downgraded the BIOS? I can go back to the initial 1.03 BIOS.
Yes, you may roll back to 1.03 ver.
We can try to patch stock flasher and use it, but there is high risk to get laptop bricked.
Phoenix Tool didnt detected recovery name but you can find this name in DOS folder of stock flasher.
(06-25-2016, 04:48 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you may roll back to 1.03 ver.
We can try to patch stock flasher and use it, but there is high risk to get laptop bricked.
Phoenix Tool didnt detected recovery name but you can find this name in DOS folder of stock flasher.

Here's 1.03's: https://www.sendspace.com/file/l27gax

I'm not sure if the updater Acer uses check for signatures or anything; in the archive itself there's a .fd file and it looks like the flasher just uses that, but I'm not sure if there's more to it than that. I'd like to try flashing a .fd though if you wouldn't mind modding it (if 1.03 doesn't fix anything anyway; if it doesn't, I'd like the mod based on the latest 1.11 version)
Same result!
Ray111.fd may be is Recovery name.
Download DOS version of this bios and find that name.
(06-25-2016, 05:11 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]Same result!
Ray111.fd may be is Recovery name.
Download DOS version of this bios and find that name.

Acer doesn't seem to offer a DOS flasher for this laptop (only the Windows flasher).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14