Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo G550 CPU upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a lenovo g550 Phoenix bios with a T6600 cpu and would like to unlock the bios to put in a P8600 cpu.
Here is my bios link:http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS012281
I have win 7 (64bit) version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Mestes
I have the same problem with my G550's BIOS. Did you get any help from anyone?
Did you try to install new CPU and boot?
Lenovo G550 uses two different revisions of motherboard. One with GL40, second with GM45. GL40 doesn't support FSB=1066 Mhz and can't boot P8600. But GM45 can!
Best choice for GL40 - T9500. Read this!
[Image: Lenovo_G550.jpg]
Hi to all...
I have Lenovo G550, model 20023, with GM45 (Cantiga-GM)+ICHM9(base) chipset and NVIDIA GeForce G210 graphic card, and I'd like to upgrade it. I found out that I can only change CPU and to add RAM. So, I found out that GM45 supports Core 2 Quad Q9100, Core 2 Extreme X9100, Core 2 Duo T9900 etc....Also, I found out that Lenovo locked BIOS and that only Core 2 Duo CPUs can be installed...but even all listed supported Duos can't be installed...
Can someone advise if there is a way to see supported CPUs or even to add other CPUs supported by GM45 chipset. Thanks a lot.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
[attachment=10161][attachment=10162]
[attachment=10161 Wrote:DeathBringer pid='107949' dateline='1453489052']Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.

attached hwinfo and cpuz
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. Problem is a number of voltage regulators.
But almost all CPUs for Socket P are supported by your laptop. Core 2 Duo T9900 is the best.
(01-23-2016, 02:08 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. Problem is a number of voltage regulators.
But almost all CPUs for Socket P are supported by your laptop. Core 2 Duo T9900 is the best.

Thanks for reply. So you're saying that any Core 2 Duo Txxxx Socket P can be installed, but Quad will probably not work. I'm asking because I found that Core 2 Extreme QX9300 is compatible with GM45 chipset, and I'd like to upgrade to this CPU if possible, but I'm not sure if there are some limitation in BIOS which will prevent my laptop to boot. Can you or someone advise about this CPU. Thanks.
It's a hardware limitation of power subsystem on your motherboard, not in BIOS.
Understand, but is there a way to check that somehow?

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U20 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3