Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Packard Bell TM85 (Acer 5741G) - Intel i7 920XM & CMSO8GX3M1A1600C11 memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, should not be all that complicated...

I get it to boot with both items in the laptop, but memory is 11-11-11-28 so it will reboot before it even boots to windows with random errors, IRQ blabla and whatever...

The CPU will boot, but only 2 cores and 2.25Ghz

I already have the latest "Unlocked" BIOS from camiloml, so we are going to have to see something new Smile

Thanks in advance guys,
Viktor Agnar Falk

*edit*

So what I am asking for, is that I get a bios upgrade that allows me to change latency on the RAM and get support for that CPU, I know already that the HM55 Chipset should hold support for the i7 920XM...
Here are screenshots from CPU-Z of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab and Memory tab with the OLD CPU and OLD RAM installed
New CPU, has the following symbols on it;

INTEL '08

i7-920XM

SLBLW

V032A724

E51809 01 S58

Full info on CPU:

Intel Core i7 Mobile Extreme Edition
Processor number i7-920XM
Part number BY80607002529AF
Frequency (GHz) 2
Frequency in LFM mode (GHz) 1.2
Clock multiplier 15
Package type 988-pin micro-FCPGA
Socket type Socket G1 (rPGA988A)

CPUID 0106E5h
Core stepping B1
Processor core Clarksfield
Manufacturing technology (micron) 0.045
Number of cores 4
L3 cache size (MB) 8
Features EM64T technology
Enhanced SpeedStep technology
Execute disable bit
Hyper-Threading technology
Trusted Execution technology
Turbo Boost technology
Virtualization technology
Core voltage (V) 0.65 - 1.4
Case temperature (°C) 100
Thermal Design Power (Watt) 55
Notes on sSpec SLBLW

◾This processor supports Virtualization Technology for directed I/O.
◾This part includes Turbo Boost Technology. Maximum frequency increase in Turbo Boost mode is 266 MHz for 4 and 3 cores, 1067 MHz for 2 cores, and 1200 MHz for 1 core.
◾Direct Memory Interface speed is 2.5 GT/s.
◾The part supports DDR3-1333 memory.
Please post screenshots of info in tab SPD of CPU-Z for each DIMM (with old CPU).
DIMM1 and DIMM2 as requested
I first post you told about Corsair memory but I see Kingston memory on screenshots.
Yes i cant boot to windows with my Corsair 2x 8GB because it will reboot when loading ATi .dll's on boot
I've made the mod of official BIOS. Please verify it with this Kingston memory and i7-920XM.
Where do i download it from?
Pages: 1 2 3