Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: my first mod project: Xeon E5410 in a Supermicro X7SBi (Need help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, i recently bought a Xeon E5410 for 2.5 euro, and i wanted to mod it into a Supermicro X7SBI, after updating bios, it didnt work.

My Question: I need help from someone experienced Smile, im not good at microcodes and bios modding and would like to learn it, i hope i provided enough info, the motherboard kept beeping when i put the xeon in.

The software i used:
MMFlash (could not read bios file)
The hardware i used:
-E5410
- Supermicro X7SBi
- 1GB Ram
- 300 watt psu

Thanks
ImDion
Have you any CPU than can boot up this motherboard? If you have then post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with such CPU.
Tell sSpec of your new CPU. Do you use sticker-adapter?
(11-05-2016, 07:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Have you any CPU than can boot up this motherboard? If you have then post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with such CPU.
Tell sSpec of your new CPU.

Yes, i own a proliant G5 i can put it into, but the mod sticker is already on the cpu. will it fit in a lga 771 socket with the mod sticker on?
No, you need old CPU for Supermicro X7SBI. How you updated BIOS without it?
Ahh i tought you meant the xeons, illl replace it and boot into windows, yes i use the sticker adapter
(11-05-2016, 07:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]No, you need old CPU for Supermicro X7SBI. How you updated BIOS without it?

Its an INTEL  E6850
i updated it using bootable DOS usb stick
(11-05-2016, 07:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]No, you need old CPU for Supermicro X7SBI. How you updated BIOS without it?

Hi,

im installing windows for cpu z right now

here is post screen and cpu photo
http://imgur.com/a/Rzsu8 CPU / Post screen
OK. I still need sSpec of your new CPU (E5410).
(11-05-2016, 08:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I still need sSpec of your new CPU (E5410).

Uploading them right now
(11-05-2016, 08:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I still need sSpec of your new CPU (E5410).

Uploaded them, (scroll down the page)
http://imgur.com/a/Rzsu8/
Pages: 1 2 3