Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP ProLiant DL160 G6 - changing bclk on server bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to see if it is possible to unlock the bios to the point where I can overclock the processors I have installed. This is a bit of a bizarre request, but I'm using this 'server' as a rendering workstation and a small overclock over two 6 core processors would provide a big boost. I believe the bios is PHOENIX, but I'm not 100%.

Can someone here help me with this?

Here is a link to the bios image: https://mega.co.nz/#!CFY2iIQZ!YiNspY5NrB...9xSBSUgOMc
Hi,

I own a HP DL160 G6 with 2x E5620 (yes, two physical processors), which is a 1U rack server from ~2011.
Unfortunately BIOS of this server doesn't seem to allow change to BCLK of both CPU's. Would it be possible to mod this bios to include option to overclock BCLK? (I know only both BCLK's could be changed at once, since QPI speed depends on it)
I looked with AMIBCP, and there are some hidden options but most of those are useless to me. I wasn't able to unlock BCLK with it, maybe someone more experienced can do it or at least give me some clues.

Attached is BIOS image: [attachment=11438]

Thanks!
Hello
I have a computer with mobo dl160g6
At the moment x5650 x2 works there
I would like to increase their performance, but the bios has no settings, which is not surprising
in setfsb I was able to reach 2.93 GHz
But still not much
Is it possible to modify the bios to read these processors from default 166mhz instead of 133mhz

thanks for the answers