Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 797
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108063
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3542
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425654
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227624
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310605
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

HP ProLiant DL160 G6 - changing bclk on server bios
#1
Looking to see if it is possible to unlock the bios to the point where I can overclock the processors I have installed. This is a bit of a bizarre request, but I'm using this 'server' as a rendering workstation and a small overclock over two 6 core processors would provide a big boost. I believe the bios is PHOENIX, but I'm not 100%.

Can someone here help me with this?

Here is a link to the bios image: https://mega.co.nz/#!CFY2iIQZ!YiNspY5NrB...9xSBSUgOMc
find
quote
#2
Hi,

I own a HP DL160 G6 with 2x E5620 (yes, two physical processors), which is a 1U rack server from ~2011.
Unfortunately BIOS of this server doesn't seem to allow change to BCLK of both CPU's. Would it be possible to mod this bios to include option to overclock BCLK? (I know only both BCLK's could be changed at once, since QPI speed depends on it)
I looked with AMIBCP, and there are some hidden options but most of those are useless to me. I wasn't able to unlock BCLK with it, maybe someone more experienced can do it or at least give me some clues.

Attached is BIOS image: 
.rom   18DIM245.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 11)

Thanks!
find
quote
#3
Hello
I have a computer with mobo dl160g6
At the moment x5650 x2 works there
I would like to increase their performance, but the bios has no settings, which is not surprising
in setfsb I was able to reach 2.93 GHz
But still not much
Is it possible to modify the bios to read these processors from default 166mhz instead of 133mhz

thanks for the answers
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)