Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Dell Optiplex 780 Quad-Core Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(05-21-2021, 01:02 PM)pengc99 Wrote: [ -> ]https://nextcloud.cloudspire.net/index.p...arc5J5JGzK
It's original BIOS. You haven't flashed my mod.
(05-21-2021, 01:37 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2021, 01:02 PM)pengc99 Wrote: [ -> ]https://nextcloud.cloudspire.net/index.p...arc5J5JGzK
It's original BIOS. You haven't flashed my mod.

I found the problem, the machine is not flashing the BIOS on reboot. Every time I try to flash, it gives error "BIOS Update Failed! The firmware image failed one or more consistency checks."

I checked the checksums of the HDR file are good and tried many different ways to flash, including using Dell client configuration utility from old Windows 7 machine to generate an exe, and also using Linux and dellBiosUpdate program.

The machine is on A15, I will try to downgrade BIOS to older version and see if that works.

edit: I see your mod is labeled A15, so I think I am already on the correct revision. I will try flashing factory HDR and then modified HDR again.
I have determined that apparently this machine has Signed Firmware Updates option enabled, and will not accept modified firmware. I am looking for a solution to disable this feature.
Signed Firmware Updates cannot be disabled after it has been enabled. Luckily motherboards are $6 on eBay with shipping. After I purchased another motherboard, I made sure Signed Firmware Updates was not enabled and I was able to successfully flash the mod, and it is now running with a Q9550S. Thank you!
Hi everyone, I have bumped into this thread on the weekend and being an owner of an 780 USFF I have decided to try the 4c bios and I have ordered a Q9400.

The issue that I have is that the machine is now giving several errors at post (bios error / memory error / power error - seems to be kind of random), but it does boot some times to the OS (i would say 20% of the times) and when it boots the OS reports as the CPU being dual core.

Oddly enough the first time I have booted it showed the 4 cores but then it crashed watching a youtube video and since then it only reports 2 cores.

Do you think this could be a bios issue or is it rather a faulty CPU?

Thanks in advance for your help
Did you flashed my mod?
If you didn't then your message is offtopic here.
Hello DeathBringer

Thank you for replying.

Yes I did use your mod (V3) from the thread and I have used the linux method to flash.

Also, I did it twice just to be sure and on both ocasions I got a success message from the flashing tool.

For info, with my old CPU (Pentium E6700) the modded version works fine.
This motherboard has weak power subsystem.
Try to use CPU with TDP=65W.
Thank you. This could be the problem yes, but I assumed it would work since other users reported in the thread that they used a Q9400 and even a Q6600 with the USFF model.

Thank you for your help!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10