Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Alienware Aurora R4 & Ivy Bridge-E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Go to \Intel ME System Tools v8 r3\Flash Programming Tool\Windows64 and run in command line with administrative rights:
fptw64 -a 0x3EA068 -l 0x1C028 -d ucode.bin
Show results and attach a file ucode.bin
P.S. Did you test your Xeon with other system?
Here's the file you wanted and no I have no other LGA 2011 system to test with. I got the CPU from a seller who claims to test every CPU they sell so I'm fairly confident it's working and the mobo is instead the problem.
Copy ucode_m.bin to \Intel ME System Tools v8 r3\Flash Programming Tool\Windows64 and run in command line with administrative rights:
fptw64 -a 0x3EA068 -l 0x1C028 -f ucode_m.bin
Show results.
I flashed the new microcode successfully and tried the xeon again but it still won't POST.
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Here's the screencap.
Microcode updated correctly.
I haven't other ideas but testing your Xeon with other system.
Thanks so much anyway I really do appreciate the help I feel it's a long shot to get it to run on a dell proprietary system anyway. I'll probably end up selling the system and getting one of those chinese x79 boards that have xeon support. If you have any ideas on which one is good I'd appreciate it.
Hi, Sorry to revive an old thread. I have the r4 motherboard with i7 3820 too and is hoping to upgrade to e5 1680 v2. I think this is still possible because I found geekbench results https://browser.geekbench.com/search?q=r4+1680+v2 that use the exact components.
Read this thread attentively.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5