Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Help] Core i5 560m with Lenovo Y550P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-07-2017, 02:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't buy i7-620M (SLBTQ) and i5-540M (SLBTV) - they have stepping K0.

Finally, i'm going to take out my brain and cook & eat it Smile
 I will dig it. Thank you very much again.
(03-07-2017, 02:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't buy i7-620M (SLBTQ) and i5-540M (SLBTV) - they have stepping K0.

Hi, it's me again.   Undecided
Today i have found core i7 620M SLBPD model and bought it. I just came home and installed it.
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLBPD.html

But no boot, no screen... Lights on and 10 seconds later, laptop turns off itself..
I'm going crazy :/  I gave him 560m and a lot of money to buy i7 620M  (Only %5 performance increase...)

NOTE: 3 of the pins were slightly bent but i corrected them a little bit and with a little push, i can install it to Cpu slot without (?) problem..
 I think the problem is BIOS again... Can we do something about it? This cpu is stepping C2.
(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)baris.seven Wrote: [ -> ]Lights on and 10 seconds later, laptop turns off itself..
Good sign!
Try this algorithm:
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) install new CPU
4) wait 10 mins
5) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
6) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
7) try to boot your laptop.
(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)baris.seven Wrote: [ -> ]I think the problem is BIOS again...
I don't think so. In this case BIOS even wasn't loaded by the motherboard.
Oh if it's good sign I'm trying right away now.
Why bios is not loaded with 620m but loaded with 350 Sad
Anyway.. Get to the process now.
But I'm not sure i located the bios battery?
There is a black button on motherboard and there is writing "100" on it.
Oh Ship it's difficult i have to tear down all of it Sad
It's the button that has blue ring right?
I hope i can access it.. And hope that it's not soldered cmos battery Smile (lenovo forums someone says that it's half (?) soldered)
It isn't button. Smile
If the algorithm will not help then your i7-620M is simply dead...
Hey it's button okay i meant something but my mother language is not English Tongue it's like a button :p

I can't open the full chassis. And i don't have to.. I touched the battery with a screwdriver and it's soldered to motherboard... I can't do it. I can solder it but I'm afraid of it. Opening the chassis will be really hard it seems.. Cut off the bios battery and then solder is a risk too.. Sad
What the f## is this i hate it. Why me Sad
350m and 740qm was just fine.. Didn't need all of this..............
Try algorithm without CMOS Battery removing...
Pages: 1 2 3 4