Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Pegatron M2N68LA/HP Narra5-GL6: CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Click "Preview Post"
Modded unfixed dump here... as well.

If you can unlock all the options possible.  That would be great brother and fix the Unsupported CPU error.  I may even consider Black Edition CPU to test unlocked Multi.

[Image: d99fy9voaf1dyqk7g.jpg]
Bad news - my mod doesn't help.
I'll try make a new mod.
BTW: I don't make unlocking mods.
Thank you. If only we knew how to find Cool N' Quiet in Award Bios Editor, right? It's enabled by default. Could help boost old-school Opteron Performance for high-end max tilt load gaming. Thanks. Plus I'm looking to find out how fast does the Opteron 1389 need to be to beat Xeon X5460/x5470.
Please test my new version of mod.
I think that it's wrong module. Wait for new mod.
I've made new mod of BIOS with patching awardext.rom
I've found interesting code:
Code:
F0CB     call    182Bh
F0CE     cmp     ax, 6Eh    ; 110 Watt
F0D1     jb      0F0D5h
F0D3     clc
F0D4     retn
F0D5     stc
F0D6     retn
And patch it to
Code:
F0D1     jmps    0F0D5h
Thanks. Will test now. Want me to send bios backup dump again if it doesn't work? haha
No. In previous time I needed it for verifying your tool - WinFlash
Update : tried to checkmark Clear CMOS and it said couldn't do it could be hardware protected? So I unchecked Clear CMOS & CMOS Default.

I wrote new to BootBlock, DMI Area, HOLE Area, Update All basically check marked. Checksum report : 1416H on latest BIOS.

The BIOS was Updated Successfully. BIOS will be effected after reboot system. Reboot.

Should I pull BIOS Battery and jumper Clear CMOS for 10 minutes just to clear all data and then Try the Opteron again? THANKS

*Update* I shutdown. Pulled power, set PSU to Off. Pulled BIOS Battery and set Clear CMOS Jumper. Will wait at least 10 minutes for it to completely clear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6