Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] Unlocked Acer Aspire R7-572G Advanced Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Model of computer: Acer Aspire R7-572G
InsydeH20 rev 3.7, Acer BIOS version 2.04

Module I think that contains the setup: DriverSampleDxe, UEFITool shows UI Section contains the text "SetupUtility". IFR dump with Donovan6000's Universal IFR Extractor shows it contains all the menu items in the BIOS. 

There is a subroutine that referred to all the forms shown in the IFR extraction. Inside the subroutine it had a function paired with each of the forms. The subroutine seems to use a loop to call each of the function, probably to install the forms somehow? I compared the function paired with the forms and found that the Power and Advanced form's paired function lacked a call to another function, so I modified the binary to make it look similar to the other functions.

Badly Patched module: [attachment=13524]

(see reply for the working patch)

I repacked it by selecting "allow user to modify other modules" option in phoenix tool, and flashed the modified image with BIOS crisis recovery by holding Fn+ESC. The computer did boot after the flash but power and advanced menu is still missing. 

Could someone help me to unlock the advanced menu, and possibly tell me how it is hidden? 

Also, what are some resources to learn about the IFR? I don't really understand all the bytes inside the braces and the SuppressIfs in the dump...

Thanks!
Never mind, referred to mclarke2355's E5-572G mod since both are acer and insyde bios, and found he patched two jz in a subroutine. Did the same patch to the subroutine and unlocked the power and advanced menu successfully.

Patched BIOS: [attachment=13527]
can be flashed with crisis recovery method. Change filename to V5MM2x64.fd.

Can probably be moved to patched Insyde BIOS section

External GPU is working by disabling switchable graphics, setting auto primary display, and enabling hot plug