Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] DELL Dimension 9200 / XPS410 Microcode Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Stock BIOS is limited to Core 2 Duo Conroe 65nm CPUs, which max out at 2.67GHz (1066 FSB).  Is it possible to update microcode to support faster Wolfdale 45nm CPUs?  Specifically looking at SLGTD, R0 stepping, CPUID 1067A.  I understand that the 1067A code is 8K in length, which may create a problem with adding new processors without removing current support.

Have explored the BIOS with PhoenixTool, but CPU table location is not obvious.  I would appreciate instruction on how to proceed, or whether the task is even possible.

Manufacturer: DELL
Model: Dimension 9200 / XPS410
BIOS: 2.5.3
BIOS link: https://downloads.dell.com/bios/DXP061-020503.EXE
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(12-20-2017, 04:17 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

[Image: dpbwk0.png][Image: 20a6x34.png]

data:image isn't supported!
Hmmm. My paste of screenshots did not show as expected.  Image insert seems to want a link.  Is there something special about posting JPGs that I missed?
What happens exactly when you try to boot with new CPU?
(12-20-2017, 05:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]What happens exactly when you try to boot with new CPU?

No video, fast fan speed, 1-3-4 panel LEDs.
Try to flash this test mod. Any changes?
Appreciate the quick response. Can you explain your process for locating and modifying the CPU table? Were you able to increase the table or did you have to remove existing processors to create space?
Microcode wasn't modified in this test mod.
Tried the mod (original CPU). Booted normally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6