Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios thinkpad yoga 260
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello !

I have a thinkpad yoga 260 and i had some problem with system instalation(try to install linux) and i restart and restart and restart without waiting... And i think at some point i frooze mi bios... So i try evrithink (reset the cmos, out batery...) so i want to try to flash the bios (externaly or manualy i don't know how to say in english) i have all the stuff..exepte the bios! And i can't fund it on internet! Lenovo propose a software for update...but your pc need to work... So here is my question, sombody know were i can found the bios? Thanks in advance! (And sorry for my langage i don't speak english verry well)
(05-28-2018, 08:10 PM)shika Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

I have a thinkpad yoga 260 and i had some problem with system instalation(try to install linux) and i restart and restart and restart without waiting... And i  think at some point i frooze mi bios... So i try evrithink (reset the cmos, out batery...) so i want to try to flash the bios (externaly or manualy i don't know how to say in english) i have all the stuff..exepte the bios! And i can't fund it on internet! Lenovo propose a software for update...but your pc need to work... So here is my question, sombody know were i can found the bios?   Thanks in advance! (And sorry for my langage i don't speak english verry well)
Hi
for recovery bios you need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
Thank you for your anser! I have all that! I just need the bios firmware , but i don't know were to find it !
(05-29-2018, 04:25 AM)shika Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your anser! I have all that! I just need the bios firmware , but i don't know were to find it !
you need recovery your personal bios dump only
Wow... So i made a mistake... I couldn't read it (error) so i erase it for install a other one (backup found one you forum)... What can i do?
(05-29-2018, 05:45 AM)shika Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... So i made a mistake... I couldn't read it (error) so i erase it for install a other one (backup found one you forum)... What can i do?
at best, recover DMI
...i don't know what DMI is, i juste learning now... But i don't understand, why they sell ship with original bios ( https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIOS-CHIP-LENOV...r=1&_rdt=1) if we can't just flash with original bios ? What the difference betwen changing the ship and just changing the firmware?
Hello!
Thanks for all the anser! But somone can explaine to me i don't understand? why its have to be my bios? If i change the chip with a new one with last update bios (like here: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIOS-CHIP-LENOV...r=1&_rdt=1 ) its not my bios on it... So why i can just flash my ship with new last update bios?
May individual fingerprints of computer are saved during the update, but when change chip - it is lost your old identification. Google it.
(06-01-2018, 07:17 PM)shika Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
Thanks for all the anser! But somone can explaine to me i don't understand? why its have to be my bios? If i change the chip with a new one with last update bios (like here: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIOS-CHIP-LENOV...r=1&_rdt=1 ) its not my bios on it... So why i can just flash my ship with new last update bios?
you have already received an answer!
for recovery bios need your bad dump
Check your messages
Pages: 1 2