Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] HP H-I41-uATX (Eton): QX6850 & Xeon Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello, I have a compaq CQ5315ES and it has a motherboard H-I41-uATX (Eton). The thing is that I would like to put a xeon, but I would need it the microcodes.
Bios: http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/s...p57393.exe

Thank and sorry for my english.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. The last BIOS has version 6.10a.
Screenshot Cpu-z:

[Image: 2u7lfdt.jpg]
[Image: 28rpy.jpg]
OK. What's Xeon you have?
Can you try to update BIOS to newer version?
BTW: sp48295.exe is your current BIOS.
(04-24-2016, 03:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. What's Xeon you have?
Can you try to update BIOS to newer version?

Even I do not have it, because he was not sure of buying it for if it was not working (I would like it e5450).
 I have not tried to update the bios.
Try to update BIOS and post results.
For background information on this build please see my thread @ overclockers.com:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/show...ne-s5-1014

The above thread details my progress and theory behind this potential CPU upgrade.
I have confirmed the G41 chipset is compatible with this CPU.
I have also tested the rig with the QX6850 installed and what I get is: the system posts and then an incompatibility warning. The system then powers down. This leads me to believe the CPU itself is compatible on a *hardware level* and we merely have a *software level - blacklist* issue relative to the BIOS.

I was thinking it would be really cool to get this CPU running in the aforementioned rig and I am reaching out for help and support and hopefully this will take me in the right direction. I know there will be naysayers. But this build is just for the fun of it. I have plenty of other systems I use as my daily drivers. I will be using ThrottleStop and speedstep to mitigate the extra heat so I'm doing everything that can be done to reduce TDP and heat. I have a decent low profile cooler.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I would like to keep this positive and it's already been re-hashed in the other thread, I know I will be pushing the system into the red zone. But I also am an overclocker at heart and I enjoy pushing the envelope. I truly believe this can be done, and that's why I'm here.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".
(08-12-2018, 11:55 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".

Here is the first request (first and third tabs of CPUz): Thanks for your quick response!
[Image: Capture_bios_mod.png]

-It's going to take me a couple hours to get around to installing the QX6850 again to fulfill the second request. I'll keep you updated.
OK. I'm waiting for requested photo...
Can you make TXT report of CPU-Z with your QX6850 on other system?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5