Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bricked BIOS on Acer Aspire E5-572G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I followed this bios mod thread and successfully flashed my laptop with the modded 21 microcode.

All was fine until I entered the bios and changed some options in there (which later I read that weren't recommended).
My guess is that after making these changes I have bricked the BIOS because the laptop just stopped working (I start it up and it doesn't post anything and simply doesn't work - only a black screen is present, yet the power leds are on and the HD fires up).

How I tried to troubleshoot the problem until now:
I tried to reflash it with the original BIOS - did not work, it simply doesn't want to enter CRISIS mode with FN and Esc.
I opened it and moved the RAM around, also removed the battery for a while and put it back - also didn't work.
I tried to locate the CMOS jumper but I didn't find it.

Therefore I wanted to ask you guys if there is any fix for this problem.

Thanks a lot Cool !
UPDATE:
I purchased a CH341A programmer, successfully reflashed my bios chip with the 1.09 stock bios, yet the laptop always enters in a restart loop upon starting it.
I seriously got no idea what else can I do, any advice would be great.
Thanks!
(11-21-2018, 05:18 AM)bogdan1993 Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:
I purchased a CH341A programmer, successfully reflashed my bios chip with the 1.09 stock bios, yet the laptop always enters in a restart loop upon starting it.
Thanks!
Hi
Have you saved your old bad dump?
(11-21-2018, 05:34 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2018, 05:18 AM)bogdan1993 Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:
Thanks!
Hi
Have you saved your old bad dump?

Hi
Yes I did.