Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] BIOS Unlock for Asus ROG GL553VE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
With AFUwin64 i can only save the backup BIOS with .rom extension, not .bin

Here, i've done what you said with the .rom file.
.rom = .bin

I did not suggest you use FPT for an AFU backup file? I mentioned making backup using FPT and reflash using one of your FPT backups. Now that you have programmed in an AFU backup, it's best to start over again. Flash the BIOS using built in flash tools, then make new backup with FPT, then flash that back with FPT. IF all Ok, then upload that file for me to see about modifying for you.
Here are some images from cmd.
Here is the biosregdump file.
Did you flash back stock BIOS with EZ Flash before that? If yes, OK, sorry for the delays, just trying to make sure I don't send you BIOS that might brick your system, since I see problems with all dumps sent vs others I've looked up to compare with. Are you the original owner of this system? If yes, was it purchased new or used? If new, have you ever had a bad BIOS flash, or had to recover BIOS in anyway? Asking to try and figure out how this happened with the messed up NVRAM stuff.

Can you please zip up images of your BIOS, so I can see all tabs/sections available to you now, thanks!
Yes, I flashed the last original bios with EZ flash from BIOS. Then I made a backup with FPT, and I put back the backup with FPT.

I'm the original owner, I bought it in November last year, brand new. 

I don't remember having any kind of problem with any flashed bios.

HERE is a link with photos from bios sections.
Thanks for the info. I wonder how this happened then? At least it's not causing you issues, stalled bootup or anything like that correct?

For the BIOS images, can you please resize those, 235MB is way to huge for me to download just to look at some BIOS images. I do not need to see high rez 2-10MB images per image, small 1024-1280 or so width is fine, and less than 1MB each would be ideal.
(11-25-2018, 01:42 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info.  I wonder how this happened then?  At least it's not causing you issues, stalled bootup or anything like that correct?

For the BIOS images, can you please resize those, 235MB is way to huge for me to download just to look at some BIOS images.  I do not need to see high rez 2-10MB images per image, small 1024-1280 or so width is fine, and less than 1MB each would be idIs that ok if i
Is that ok if I make a .pdf with the photos ? It will be much smaller size.
I figured it out.
Here is the photos.
Much better, thanks! Please test this BIOS and tell me if you see any new sections, or two advanced menus etc.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97533820111573741157

Flash using >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregdumpM.bin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10