Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] BIOS Unlock for Asus ROG GL553VE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So, I have a few more settings.

I took some photos, maybe that helps you.
No bueno! I might not be able to get the good stuff unlocked on this one Sad

Can you please download this package, and then the commands in the top of the text file only, for 32 and 64 bit from each version folder. Do not run any of the lower command "After edit etc" Please run 32 and 64 commands from each version folder, do them all even if you get output from one keep going. Once done with all, copy any NVRAM.txt and zip up and upload for me to look at. Leave them all in place, so if we use to write back later you will know which version gave you what output.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7892026770
So I open each version folder, and from there I run cmd ? and the run the commands that you gave to me ?

I did so for the first folder and I got error for both commands, 32 and 64.

I took a image.
Yes, do that for each version. Not all will work, some may appear to work but give false or partial results, some may appear to work and give empty results, none may work... That is why I said run 32.64 for each version, we're trying to find one that works and works properly, but none may work, it's just something to look at next

Also, if you are not admin, do this from an admin cmd prompt.
Seems like I forgot to open cmd in admin mode.

So the first version folder had succes on both 32 64.

I have the zip attached.
Please run all versions, then if any NVRAM.txt appear zip them all Never mind, I checked and see you have all versions in there. Sadly none are valid or even close to being complete, so this method not possible either.

Let me think and look into this some more, but I might not be able to enable anything else Sad
Ok...thank you. I really need the settings for graphics. I have onboard and dedicated graphics. And I need the possibility to disable or enable each one.
you never want to disable onboard graphics, in case your external/other GPU dies then you wouldn't be able to see screen to change setting or recover etc. But, if you want to change settings that can be done without BIOS mod via grub using Setup_Var commands. Do you want me to show you how to do that? Due to your requested settings just mentioned, I highly suggest you do not do this until you have a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable in hand that way you can recover stock BIOS back if you loose the LCD screen and external gfx function.
Hi,

Have you managed to unlock to bios/uefi, I'm interested in this topic because I need to get acces to the RAM clocks and multipliers, because I've recently bought an XMP 2.0 compatible Kingston RAM chip, clocked at the same frequency as the existing Samsung one(2400MHz), and the laptop underclocks them both.
I don't mean to necro this topic if it's been cosidered closed.
I can help you make changes via grub using setup_var. What is the chipset on this system, and what CPU, you may be limited on ram speeds due to one of those.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10