Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP touchsmart 15-d069wm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

Ok, I have an old laptop (HP touchsmart 15-d069wm) that I am trying to breathe new life into, which has included an SSD, and a processor upgrade. I moved from an i3-3110m to an i5-3230m (which is the only other processor validated on this board). The issue I'm having is that the i5 supports turbo boost from the factory, but I can't get it to work. The issue seems to be in the Bios. I could be wrong on this, and I would love it if someone said, hey you idiot, just click that there....

I digress, I'm here to ask for an unlocked bios, removing the whitelist for the wifi, and making all options in bios available

the download for the factory BIOS is below. And, pictures of the bios (because I can't figure out how to take a ss in the BIOS) are attached

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...ku=F5Y20UA

I would also be interested in learning how to actually mod a BIOS. Is there any way someone would be willing to help me along here?

Jon

[Image: 09002aa206fb979fb0195bd696f5d56a.jpg][Image: 8f799ade98f81574e68991b06de2082e.jpg][Image: 3668555df676f02c2bb3f0d69ab160c2.jpg]
I know this is a umm.... Not great laptop. But, I'm just trying to update it to keep from buying a new laptop for web surfing. Also, it's fun!

I've been reading a lot about modifying BIOS, but I'm still pretty lost. I'm not scared off by room and fd files, I just don't know anything about how the BIOS are built. I've been plugging away at my BIOS for the last few days in my spare time, but I've made absolutely no progress [emoji58] any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji16]

Jon

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk