Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6407
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14043
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424559
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3656
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224828
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119207
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6818
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 439
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309825
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20316
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169435
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6388
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 863

[REQUEST] HP touchsmart 15-d069wm
#1
Hello everyone!

Ok, I have an old laptop (HP touchsmart 15-d069wm) that I am trying to breathe new life into, which has included an SSD, and a processor upgrade. I moved from an i3-3110m to an i5-3230m (which is the only other processor validated on this board). The issue I'm having is that the i5 supports turbo boost from the factory, but I can't get it to work. The issue seems to be in the Bios. I could be wrong on this, and I would love it if someone said, hey you idiot, just click that there....

I digress, I'm here to ask for an unlocked bios, removing the whitelist for the wifi, and making all options in bios available

the download for the factory BIOS is below. And, pictures of the bios (because I can't figure out how to take a ss in the BIOS) are attached

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...ku=F5Y20UA

I would also be interested in learning how to actually mod a BIOS. Is there any way someone would be willing to help me along here?

Jon

[Image: 09002aa206fb979fb0195bd696f5d56a.jpg][Image: 8f799ade98f81574e68991b06de2082e.jpg][Image: 3668555df676f02c2bb3f0d69ab160c2.jpg]
find
quote
#2
I know this is a umm.... Not great laptop. But, I'm just trying to update it to keep from buying a new laptop for web surfing. Also, it's fun!

I've been reading a lot about modifying BIOS, but I'm still pretty lost. I'm not scared off by room and fd files, I just don't know anything about how the BIOS are built. I've been plugging away at my BIOS for the last few days in my spare time, but I've made absolutely no progress [emoji58] any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji16]

Jon

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)