Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP Compaq CQ58 302SM Bios Unlock, ME_cleaner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to strip ME from bios due to 30 min timer because Igen processor  not allowed on my laptop. I am quite new in bios modding. I could use me_cleaner to get rid of ME engine but i have no idea how to extract full dump BIOS. 

Link for my laptop
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/5354842
When I extract this exe i see 2 fd files (I am guessing extension for insyde bios) and i also have no idea which one to use.

Me_cleaner works with bin or rom files and i don't know how to convert them 

Bios vendor and version displaying from BIOS menu - F.39 (revision A) - Insyde. I updated bios long time ago from link above (windows 8). This update is for UEFI security something something.

Can i use bios update from this particular file if I want to modify ME part with me_cleaner if so can somebody convert it to .bin or rom plss.
And advanced options is also locked but removing ME comes priority atm.

If I ever get to modify firmware i don't know how to flash it.
Any help/tip is veryyyyy much welcomed.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(12-18-2018, 08:51 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

http://prntscr.com/lwk58e
http://prntscr.com/lwk5jo

Anything else?

PS. If there are no windows alternative I don't mind installing Linux and I hope there is not need for external programmers
Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset. This chipset has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
It can't be solved by BIOS patch. Only hub replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.
(12-18-2018, 10:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset. This chipset has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
It can't be solved by BIOS patch. Only hub replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.

I am aware of that, I have been using sleep thingy for almost a year now... As I tried to explain ME_cleaner stripes ME portion of firmware but to use it i need full firmware dump in .bin or .rom extension. Replacing MOBO it is probably better just to buy new laptop altogether in that case.
ME_cleaner can't help in this case.
(12-18-2018, 10:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]ME_cleaner can't help in this case.

I would gladly buy new MOBO that isn't hm70 , do you know any site that can recommend compatibility with my case ?
For the existing motherboard with HM70 I recommend to use Pentium 2020M or 2030M.