Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424133
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223753
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309503
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61107
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[REQUEST] HP Compaq CQ58 302SM Bios Unlock, ME_cleaner
#1
I need to strip ME from bios due to 30 min timer because Igen processor  not allowed on my laptop. I am quite new in bios modding. I could use me_cleaner to get rid of ME engine but i have no idea how to extract full dump BIOS. 

Link for my laptop
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/5354842
When I extract this exe i see 2 fd files (I am guessing extension for insyde bios) and i also have no idea which one to use.

Me_cleaner works with bin or rom files and i don't know how to convert them 

Bios vendor and version displaying from BIOS menu - F.39 (revision A) - Insyde. I updated bios long time ago from link above (windows 8). This update is for UEFI security something something.

Can i use bios update from this particular file if I want to modify ME part with me_cleaner if so can somebody convert it to .bin or rom plss.
And advanced options is also locked but removing ME comes priority atm.

If I ever get to modify firmware i don't know how to flash it.
Any help/tip is veryyyyy much welcomed.
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
find
quote
#3
(12-18-2018, 08:51 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

http://prntscr.com/lwk58e
http://prntscr.com/lwk5jo

Anything else?

PS. If there are no windows alternative I don't mind installing Linux and I hope there is not need for external programmers
find
quote
#4
Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset. This chipset has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
It can't be solved by BIOS patch. Only hub replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.
find
quote
#5
(12-18-2018, 10:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset. This chipset has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
It can't be solved by BIOS patch. Only hub replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.

I am aware of that, I have been using sleep thingy for almost a year now... As I tried to explain ME_cleaner stripes ME portion of firmware but to use it i need full firmware dump in .bin or .rom extension. Replacing MOBO it is probably better just to buy new laptop altogether in that case.
find
quote
#6
ME_cleaner can't help in this case.
find
quote
#7
(12-18-2018, 10:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: ME_cleaner can't help in this case.

I would gladly buy new MOBO that isn't hm70 , do you know any site that can recommend compatibility with my case ?
find
quote
#8
For the existing motherboard with HM70 I recommend to use Pentium 2020M or 2030M.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)