Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: W6Li+Pentium II Overdrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi!
I know, vintage, but i want to insert cpu ucode to update MicronICS W6-Li motherboard bios to full support overdrive.
Is there anybody with enough knowledge to teach me how to do it?
Bios is Phoenix 4.05 or 4.06 core with bios latest revision -4.
Now motherboards works with bios rev.3 but sees PII ODP (SL3EA) as overdrive 75...
With rev4 ('97) hangs with error "power management not enabled on this type cpu"...and freezing.

EDIT:
cbrom from 1.40 to current 1.98 don't do anything with bios file; hangs or displays nothing.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
And make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
Give me links for BIOS revision 3 & 4.
W6LIS04.rom is rev4 bios with 4.06 core. Better, with more customizable items.
W6LSNH3.rom is rev3 bios with older 4.05 core with minimal changeable settings.

CpuZ says nothing about bios. DMI says only that this is Micronics Lightning motherboard ( =w6-Li - that comes from micron millennia2 server).
Two pictures: one with pentium pro that is native supported and second with P2 Overdrive.
Twin brother is Intel PR440fx that fully supports PIIODP but uses some strange bios format with few files bios, not one. PR440FX for sure complains PIIODP microcode.
Your motherboard has classic Phoenix BIOS (rev. 4), it's not Award. So CBROM isn't compatible with it.
I need dump of BIOS for PR440FX.
Ahh....cbrom is for award only, uhh...in fact.
This is direct link to intel site with latest bios for pr440fx. But as i say it contains a different style bios.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...te-PR440FX-
OK. Have you a hardware programmer for BIOS recovery?
At my hand no but my good friend have. He is working day and night with it. So there is no risk, i undestrand what does it mean ;-)
Try to flash my mod of BIOS rev. 4.
If the system can boot with any your CPUs then make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Arrrrghhh! My floppy disk drive has just went out... all diskettes are non-readable!
Thanks for Your work! I have to wait until tomorrow i grab another floppy disk drive...
i flashed. Nothing new happened, same as before not fully detected and freezing after. Seems that microcode isn't loaded.
EDIT.
Ah, i'll swap with pentium pro and try to boot and look at the regedit, as U say.

EDit:
With ordinary pentium pro bios starts up, system loads up.
This is what i found in the registry, remeber that this is not a pentium II processor but ordinary pentium pro:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5