Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: FUJITSU SIEMENS P5916
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I have an old FUJITSU SIEMENS P5916 with a Core 2 Duo E6420 processor. I would like to install Core 2 Duo E7500 in it. But after the replacement, during the passage of the POST, the system constantly asks to press F1. Can I make a mod to support Core 2 Duo E7500? The original BIOS can be found on the official site of Fujitsu at https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexDownload.asp
And attach screenshots.[attachment=18849]
Show a photo of the screen with "system constantly asks to press F1".
Here is a photo and a screenshot with a working Core 2 Duo E7400, as seen in the screenshot, the multiplier does not rise. And even after turning off the PC, fans continue to work with this processor.
1. Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus).
2. Download MICROCODE UPDATE VER.2.00 REL 1.24 and run it.
3. Check up "File Extraction", use button "Browse" to navigate to your bootable DOS-Flash, press "OK". Overwrite files.
4. Install your E7400, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
there’s no more request to press F1, but the multiplier still doesn’t work.
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
done. thanks for helping
Can you manually set size to 2 MB and dump it again?
(05-22-2020, 05:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you manually set size to 2 MB and dump it again?

done
I can't edit this BIOS.
Did you tried to change multiplier by ThrottleStop?
Pages: 1 2