Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo A55 bios microcode help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello smart people, i have stinky Lenovo A55 898562G LGA 775 ddr2 which has E2140 1.6Ghz in it, but i have bunch of core2duos/quads laying around that i would like to put them in this crappy machine that i got for 10$, but the pc wont get past initial startup screen with thoce cpu's in it. I can F1 to settings and it sees it (E 5200), but has unknown microcode revision so it wont post to windows with it.

Did useless lenovo bios update, had to install XP to do it, no change, doesnt have microcodes i need. 
On pc startup it says Phoenix so i tried updating microcode with cbrom195 using guides on delided website but it doesnt work, on commands it either hangs or says not found. Bios file for update has .USF extension, while backup file it creates has .BAK, i tried renaming them to .BIN and trying out any way i can but to no avail.

I did it once few years ago with MMTOOL on Acer machine, sucessfuly updated microcode for 771 xeons because i was having issues with it. But i cant open my bios files using that tool.

This lenovo thing has exausted me, i'm out of options as an amater, lost 2 days on it but nothing works, can somebody help, or just do it for me ? xd

I included zip files with bios.exe installation for OS update, and 2 bios files that came out from it, image20.usf is the one that is used to update with that lenovo tool, and other one is backup that it created.

EDIT: Uhh, idk if i posted this in correct subforum :/ Feel free to move it, i can't delete it
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
And make a photo of the screen with "unknown microcode revision" error.
(07-22-2020, 08:15 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
And make a photo of the screen with "unknown microcode revision" error.

If i try to boot to windows it just stays at LENOVO screen (it doesnt even touch windows os, stays at lenovo bios thingy)
You didn't post a photo of the screen with "unknown microcode revision" error.
(07-22-2020, 08:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't post a photo of the screen with "unknown microcode revision" error.

Thats it, i don't get any error when trying to boot it is just stuck at Lenovo screen, only thing i can see is in bios option when it says ''not available'', while with cpu that works it says (03/13/2007)  (ill post an image how it says with working cpu)
Now i cant even F1 to bios settings after i updated bios with lenovo flash utility from OS -_-  I press F1 at the start when it is offering it, but after that it goes to this screen and stays in it.
Works fine with old cpu that it came with, but the ''new'' bios from lenovo website made it even worse (tnx lenovo!)

Also, i tried removing cmos battery for 10min and holding power button while plugged of the power, thats the first thing i tried, its not it.
Try to disable Core Mutli-Processing.
I reverted back to older bios i had in backup, now i can F1 to settings again, this is what i get, and if i try to boot its stuck at lenovo screen, and now it beeps once xd

(will try disabling multicore, i think i allready did but will try again)
Make current BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0
Can you boot in native DOS with your Pentium E5700?
(07-22-2020, 09:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make current BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0
Can you boot in native DOS with your Pentium E5700?
With this older bios i reverted back to i can boot in bios and enter F1 bios settings with E5700, but stuck when trying to boot to OS.
I have backups allready with that lenovo thingy, but i will do it with your tool you mentioned too if it makes any difference. 
Tried enableing single core only, and all those different settings, doesnt work, im pretty sure lenovo just didnt include cpu microcodes intentionally so you couldn't just upggrade your machine with better cpu like i'm trying to.

EDIT: Oh, you meant ''DOS'' ? How do i do it, F8 OR ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4