Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo Thinkpad SL510 P8700 version overclocking options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it was possible to enable overclocking options on the Lenovo SL510. I have the version with the P8700 and NOT the 2847 version. The BIOS is Pheonix. Thanks in advance!
(09-05-2021, 08:23 PM)loopdee Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it was possible to enable overclocking options on the Lenovo SL510. I have the version with the P8700 and NOT the 2847 version. The BIOS is Pheonix. Thanks in advance!

Hello loopdee,

Could you link me to a BIOS update for your system? After some quick searching, I was unable to find it. I will modify this update.

~Steven
Alright. Well, I found a BIOS update utility tool on lenovo's website, https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloa...p-thinkpad. I also found a BIOS BIN, and I have attatched it. Also, this computer has been mentioned and modded on this forum before (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-L...val-Solved), but they performed a WList removal and SLIC mod, but didn't unlock or add advanced options. It was the 2847 version, but that just means it has a different CPU, and I don't really think that matters all that much, if at all.
Hello,

I'm not seeing overclocking-specific settings in your BIOS. Way back in the day, I think kizwan was able to do overclocking mods on Phoenix BIOSes (even without built-in settings), but I haven't seen kizwan in forever, unfortunately. I came to BIOS-Mods after they left, I think.

There are many unlockable settings, including those normally under the very feature-full Intel Menu. Unfortunately, they are not linked so it is likely they would all have to be added manually.

There are certainly interesting settings in there, such as fingerprint authentication, frequency multiplier of the CPU (but this setting often doesn't do anything, unfortunately), performance maximization (to minimize processor throttling), ACPI trip points, AHCI, CompuTrace (something people like to normally remove for privacy reasons),

I can do some more investigation into this BIOS image if you are interested in a BIOS mod that does not include overclocking settings. For now, I'll upload some text from the STRINGS module that holds the list of setting names (among other things). Let me know if you want to proceed with the mod.
@Sml6397 . Well, no overclocking options Sad. Instead of proceeding with the mod (what I would expect to be painstakingly annoying for you to do, given the tediousness of manually adding modules to a BIOS), maybe you could give a little rundown on how you were able to find the menu options within PhoenixTool or UEFITool (or hex)? I opened the BIOS in PhoenixTool & UEFITool myself, but I was unable to find anything (because I have no clue what I'm doing). Could you point me to some guides or explain to me what you did?