Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223826
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309526
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

Lenovo Thinkpad SL510 P8700 version overclocking options
#1
I was wondering if it was possible to enable overclocking options on the Lenovo SL510. I have the version with the P8700 and NOT the 2847 version. The BIOS is Pheonix. Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#2
(09-05-2021, 08:23 PM)loopdee Wrote: I was wondering if it was possible to enable overclocking options on the Lenovo SL510. I have the version with the P8700 and NOT the 2847 version. The BIOS is Pheonix. Thanks in advance!

Hello loopdee,

Could you link me to a BIOS update for your system? After some quick searching, I was unable to find it. I will modify this update.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
Alright. Well, I found a BIOS update utility tool on lenovo's website, https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloa...p-thinkpad. I also found a BIOS BIN, and I have attatched it. Also, this computer has been mentioned and modded on this forum before (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-L...val-Solved), but they performed a WList removal and SLIC mod, but didn't unlock or add advanced options. It was the 2847 version, but that just means it has a different CPU, and I don't really think that matters all that much, if at all.


Attached Files
.rar   IBM Lenovo SL510 DAGC3AMB8I0.rar (Size: 1,010.06 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#4
Hello,

I'm not seeing overclocking-specific settings in your BIOS. Way back in the day, I think kizwan was able to do overclocking mods on Phoenix BIOSes (even without built-in settings), but I haven't seen kizwan in forever, unfortunately. I came to BIOS-Mods after they left, I think.

There are many unlockable settings, including those normally under the very feature-full Intel Menu. Unfortunately, they are not linked so it is likely they would all have to be added manually.

There are certainly interesting settings in there, such as fingerprint authentication, frequency multiplier of the CPU (but this setting often doesn't do anything, unfortunately), performance maximization (to minimize processor throttling), ACPI trip points, AHCI, CompuTrace (something people like to normally remove for privacy reasons),

I can do some more investigation into this BIOS image if you are interested in a BIOS mod that does not include overclocking settings. For now, I'll upload some text from the STRINGS module that holds the list of setting names (among other things). Let me know if you want to proceed with the mod.


Attached Files
.txt   strings.txt (Size: 35.97 KB / Downloads: 3)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#5
@Sml6397 . Well, no overclocking options Sad. Instead of proceeding with the mod (what I would expect to be painstakingly annoying for you to do, given the tediousness of manually adding modules to a BIOS), maybe you could give a little rundown on how you were able to find the menu options within PhoenixTool or UEFITool (or hex)? I opened the BIOS in PhoenixTool & UEFITool myself, but I was unable to find anything (because I have no clue what I'm doing). Could you point me to some guides or explain to me what you did?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)