Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlocking a Phoenix Award BIOS (OEM Motherboard)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
BIOS attached...
Okay here are the pics !
I hope you will be able to free my motherboard from this ultra-locked bios... Tongue
[Image: 1277425613_DSCN1416.jpg]

[Image: 1277425613_DSCN1418.jpg]

[Image: 1277425613_DSCN1419.jpg]

[Image: 1277425614_DSCN1420.jpg]

[Image: 1277425614_DSCN1421.jpg]
And I've also dumped my BIOS Wink
So this one is without doubt my BIOS, that needs to be unlocked Smile
Thanks for all your work guys, you really rock !!
This bios has had a VGA ROM Upgrade from 1.14.07 to 1.15.11 and options have been unlocked!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%20OEM%...34s282.zip

flash at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
Before I flash it, could you tell me what you have unlocked?
Can I overclock? Lock AGP/PCI freq? Change RAM timings?
Thanks for your help, you are awesome Smile
Bios-Mods for the win!! :p
Even if those options are available, the safest way to clock with this chipset is to raise the FSB by 33MHz - from 100 to 133 (chipset doesn't have AGP/PCI locks at other FSBs). But somehow I don't think the Celeron will boot at 3.2GHz...
Well I actually overclock changing the multiplicating coefficient and the FSB so I can reach a decent frequency without exceeding its limits Wink
So I would like to have at least the multiplicating coefficient and the FSB options unlocked !
Are they?
Thank you Smile

PS : you forgot to say that the RAM is synchronized with the FSB, so increasing the FSB too much could actually kill your RAM. So here's another reason to use the coefficient Wink
A Celeron with an unlocked multiplier (unlocked upwards)? Never heard that one before. Not all the P4s had unlocked multipliers too.

RAM frequency, as usual is synced with the FSB speed, but quite often there are dividers, which make it possible to have a different FSB/RAM ratio.

P.S. RAM isn't that easy to kill. First you'll notice some strange behaviour (memory couldn't be written errors, BSODs, etc.), and if you push it's frequency too much, it simply woludn't let the PC boot. Wink
A lot of advanced chipset stuff was in there , also pnp/pci config menu and some other power settings. Also the option to load fail safe defaults and quite a bit more besides!

Admin
(06-24-2010, 07:10 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of advanced chipset stuff was in there , also pnp/pci config menu and some other power settings. Also the option to load fail safe defaults and quite a bit more besides!

Admin

But no overclocking options? Sad

to Presola:

Yes but sometimes you might prefer to have for example 200Mhz FSB with 20 multiplier instead of 400Mhz FSB with 10 multiplier Wink
So I try to find the good setting between those 2 parameters Wink
Yes RAM is not easy to kill, I was just kidding. I actually run stability tests before keeping an overclock... To avoid problems :p
(06-24-2010, 10:14 AM)Chlorhydrikk Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2010, 07:10 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of advanced chipset stuff was in there , also pnp/pci config menu and some other power settings. Also the option to load fail safe defaults and quite a bit more besides!

Admin

But no overclocking options? Sad

to Presola:

Yes but sometimes you might prefer to have for example 200Mhz FSB with 20 multiplier instead of 400Mhz FSB with 10 multiplier Wink
So I try to find the good setting between those 2 parameters Wink
Yes RAM is not easy to kill, I was just kidding. I actually run stability tests before keeping an overclock... To avoid problems :p

Ive killed ram before, I must be talented!

Nick
Pages: 1 2 3