Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: CH341a programmer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm trying to flash a bios chip (Winbond 25Q128JVSQ) on a lenovo laptop. I'm using NeoProgrammer, and when I try to detect the IC, it always finds 4 chips with different types. I'm not sure why it does this, could anyone explain, and which type I suppose to select? (image provided below, apologies for the bad quality)

[Image: n5xVOBN.jpg]
(03-26-2023, 05:18 PM)NoOverflow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I'm trying to flash a bios chip (Winbond 25Q128JVSQ) on a lenovo laptop. I'm using NeoProgrammer, and when I try to detect the IC, it always finds 4 chips with different types. I'm not sure why it does this, could anyone explain, and which type I suppose to select? (image provided below, apologies for the bad quality)

[Image: n5xVOBN.jpg]

I think it's possible that there are multiple ICs on the motherboard, each serving a different purpose. These ICs may include the BIOS chip, EC (Embedded Controller) chip, or other components. The NeoProgrammer is detecting all the ICs it can find on the board.

To identify the correct chip for flashing the BIOS, you'll need to refer to the documentation or specifications of your specific laptop model. The BIOS chip is usually labeled on the motherboard, and the documentation may provide details on its location and part number. You can cross-reference this information with the detected chips in NeoProgrammer to identify the correct one.