Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire E380 R01-C0 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Yes, the /f switch worked on the Acer T180 MCP61SM-AM. Thanks guys. Smile

I wasn't able to try out banana19's suggestion because the PC was in heavy use for most of April and any downtime was unacceptable (if I screwed up the flash). ^^;;

But now there's a CMOS password when there wasn't before. Is there a way to get past that and enter the BIOS setup without opening it up and removing the battery?

Thanks in advance.
(05-13-2010, 04:11 AM)vernaides Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the /f switch worked on the Acer T180 MCP61SM-AM. Thanks guys. Smile

I wasn't able to try out banana19's suggestion because the PC was in heavy use for most of April and any downtime was unacceptable (if I screwed up the flash). ^^;;

But now there's a CMOS password when there wasn't before. Is there a way to get past that and enter the BIOS setup without opening it up and removing the battery?

Thanks in advance.

there may be a jumper but you would still have to open it up Smile

Nick
Did a quick google search. It appears that Award BIOS has a backdoor password. Tried it and it works.

BTW someone mentioned that the Sempron 140 doesn't work with the Abit BIOS? Dang, I was hoping to get one to replace the A64 3500+ I'm using now.
We are working on seeing if the Biostar bios will suppor the Sempron.

TheWiz
No, I'm afraid it isn't... Yesterday I tried the biostar-bios with Sempron 140 and 180 and I couldn't get them to work! The abit isn't working too?
Dang, did u use try putting the latest AGESA and microcode in with any luck?
sure but nope, no luck... what about the abit-BIOS, I havn't found a copy to test!
Ill cook one up tonight Smile
i've tried to flash with this bios, and now both systemfan and cpu-fan make a lot of noise.. but nothing happens, screen stays black! can't get back into bios, can't boot from cd, floppy or usb.. any suggestions?? Sad
First can yout tell us specifically which BIOS you used? This board has a 100% approval rating on the ABIT BIOS so chances are you used an older image. First attempt to follow recovery instructions on our site, and if this fails then we can reprogram your chip with the modified BIOS at our chip reprogramming page. Also, this thread should be closed really, because the unlocked BIOS is in the other section where you should've flashed.

Regards,
TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15