Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP COMPAQ Iris8 with Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
i can get into the bios but it wont boot into windows or aything else
and now it unsupported CPU for the 4800 that i was working before the 6000
Ok, im making another version, check the link in a few minutes. Basically, ill take the nettle3 microcode and put it in the nettle2.

TheWiz
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/iris8modcpu2.bin

Please make sure you have recovery methods, but I think this should at least restore some functionality, we'll see Big Grin
yes still givin unsuported
For just the 600? Has the support been restored for the 5600?

TheWiz
we now it gives unsupported cpu for the 4800 also i can't do anything just go in the bios thats it
Is this using the iris8modcpu2 I posted? If so, flash back to the regular modded bios, as I found out that this bios has a special CPU Microcode file that isn't the regular NCPUCODE.BIN.

TheWiz
Um, side bar - I spoke at length with HP tech support last summer re: updating CPU on Nettle2 MCP61PM-HM. His comment was not to use a CPU more than 65W as the mobo would not be happy. I pointed out the 89W entry in spec sheets but he stuck to his statement.

Regards,
GEWB
Well its clearly 89W. My Nettle2 board is relatively the same HP crap and has the 89W amd Athlon 5000+, so I wouldn't worry. Even if we can add the Phenom support, you can put in the 65W Phenom proccessors.

TheWiz
(12-21-2009, 12:26 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well its clearly 89W. My Nettle2 board is relatively the same HP crap and has the 89W amd Athlon 5000+, so I wouldn't worry. Even if we can add the Phenom support, you can put in the 65W Phenom proccessors.

TheWiz

Yup, I agree - just posting what HP said to me on the phone.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
GEWB (Linux_Rules)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13