Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: amibios integrated mic support mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the subject, joojoo, a tablet pc famous for its hardware and os mods. under windows it is incapable of using the integrated mic.. people are saying its due to a bios configuration. unfortunately theres no setting within the bios to change this.. thus something must be hidden, or perhaps something is missing. the mic itself operates fine uder the joojoos own os as well as linux, but both use something to enable it within the os.. not sure about the technical side there.

so what the joojoo community is looking for is a mod of the joojoo bios, simply enabling the integrated mic for use in a windows os, if pssible. the info.

bios, amibios (doesnt state aptio anywhere, but includes the fastboot option)
version, 080015
date, 3.16.10
system, nvidia pm235
chipset, nvidia ion mcp7a-ion
audio, nvidia mcp79/7a
codec, realtek alc269

and the rom bios attached.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.
I think it's because there are two sound codecs integrated in this thing. By the way, it's a very nice and cute thing - the BIOS has multiple overclocking options that could theoretically be added.

Here's your BIOS for the sound codec selection (in the Advanced section).
(01-26-2011, 08:10 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's because there are two sound codecs integrated in this thing. By the way, it's a very nice and cute thing - the BIOS has multiple overclocking options that could theoretically be added.

Here's your BIOS for the sound codec selection (in the Advanced section).

2 sound codecs ?.. hrmm which is the other one.. and the difference? on the mic doesnt work and the other it does.. so confused..

another quick question, i used amiflash via the amibios, afuwin, 32 app to extract the rom.. was this the correct choice.. as i wasent sure if it was aptio or not.. or would it make a difference?

thanks for the incredibly fast response and work.. beyond impressed..
It doesn't make difference AFUDOS or AFUWIN - both do the same. If there weren't any errors and the BIOS opens properly (and it did) - it's OK.

As for the description - the BIOS menu has a help section and can help with the choice. The integrated is for HDMI audio but maybe the software can't handle two audiochips. So switch to external and it should do the job.
well, finally got around to testing it. the option there to change between codecs or using both is there.. but the options yield no results.. ive identified the internal to be that which nvidia uses, and the external as a custom made for the original joojoo os.. by using both is the default.. by using the external is the same except you can no longer see the nvidia hardware in the sound options.. and on the internal only the nvidia is there.. in both cases its shown as not plugged in..

could this rather be a onboard issue? somehow its disabled on the board? or is the codec missing drivers or what... ermmm

really wanna get this mic working..
Can you see the mic in the device list in Windows? Did you install both HD audio bus and Realtek drivers?
unfortunately windows 7 is not the standard os.. joojoo os is.. so there is no actual drivers set for this hardware under windows specifically.. things like the nivida ion, and the wireless sure.. but many of the drivers is windows default.. in this case also is the sound.. so im unsure of these other drivers..

although the nvidia audio is present since it is a ion chipset.. it shows up as nvidia hdmi out only.. then theres 3 other devices, 2 high def audio, and a spdif.. then only thing that works is one of the high def devices.. none of the others appear to do anything..
Hi, I am also a JooJoo owner that would love to see on board microphone support, among others. I am willing to test and help out in any way I can. I have a JooJoo test model with the following information:

Intel Atom N270 1.6ghz Socket 437 FCBGA8
chipset Nvidia nForce 730i rev. B1
southbridge Nvdia nForce 730i
LPCIO NS

BIOS American Megatrends Inc.
Version 080015
Date 03/16/2010

Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate (I didn't trim it down and was able to solder a 128gb SSD into it)

So I have the following audio devices in my device manager:

High Definition Audio Device and NVIDIA High Definition Audio

This in turn gives me the following options under the Sound Control Panel:

Playback:

Speakers 2-High Definition Audio Device

Speakers 2- High Definition Audio Device <---- This is the one that works for sound

Digital Audio (S/PDIF)

NVIDIA HDMI OUT

Recording:

There are 2 Microphones listed and 2 Line In devices all of which say unplugged. When I plug in an external mic however, it uses the 2nd listed which is using the HDAUDIO VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10DEC0269 card which I think is not the Nvidia but I am unsure?

If we could get the CPU overclocking ability you mentioned that would be awesome. That is exactly what I was hoping for. I tried installing the nvidia performance addon for the driver and it didn't unlock the options for CPU/FSB/RAM overclocking.

Just let me know if I need to dump my bios or there is one already available for me to test. I am willing to learn how to modify it as well just need a push in the right direction to know what to look for as far as codes ect.

Thanks,

Duken30
where did you find the listing of the microphones? any clues to why the devices listings are mirrored?.. could at the very least identify the device from the line there.. perhaps a special driver is needed to activate the microphone.. could obtain the original joojoo driver for sound and microphone and open it up.. parhaps some answers are inside.

as for cpu overclocking, the bios is easily extractable with amiflash and editable with amibcp.. getting that option in the bios should be easy enough as with flashing the bios...

(02-11-2011, 07:25 AM)duken30 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am also a JooJoo owner that would love to see on board microphone support, among others. I am willing to test and help out in any way I can. I have a JooJoo test model with the following information:

LPCIO NS

Version 080015
Date 03/16/2010

Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate (I didn't trim it down and was able to solder a 128gb SSD into it)

Playback:

Speakers 2- High Definition Audio Device <---- This is the one that works for sound

Digital Audio (S/PDIF)

NVIDIA HDMI OUT

Recording:

There are 2 Microphones listed and 2 Line In devices all of which say unplugged. When I plug in an external mic however, it uses the 2nd listed which is using the HDAUDIO VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10DEC0269 card which I think is not the Nvidia but I am unsure?

If we could get the CPU overclocking ability you mentioned that would be awesome. That is exactly what I was hoping for. I tried installing the nvidia performance addon for the driver and it didn't unlock the options for CPU/FSB/RAM overclocking.

Just let me know if I need to dump my bios or there is one already available for me to test. I am willing to learn how to modify it as well just need a push in the right direction to know what to look for as far as codes ect.

Thanks,

Duken30

Well if you go into device manager and look at the device ID's for the cards that is where I found the vendor and ID information. I traced that back to the http://downloads.guru3d.com/Realtek-HD-A...l#download Realtek 269 sound card. I am downloading that now but I am in iraq... and internet is aweful here on a satellite connection so I will let you know how it goes once I install it.

(02-11-2011, 08:07 AM)kamui Wrote: [ -> ]where did you find the listing of the microphones? any clues to why the devices listings are mirrored?.. could at the very least identify the device from the line there.. perhaps a special driver is needed to activate the microphone.. could obtain the original joojoo driver for sound and microphone and open it up.. parhaps some answers are inside.

as for cpu overclocking, the bios is easily extractable with amiflash and editable with amibcp.. getting that option in the bios should be easy enough as with flashing the bios...

(02-11-2011, 07:25 AM)duken30 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am also a JooJoo owner that would love to see on board microphone support, among others. I am willing to test and help out in any way I can. I have a JooJoo test model with the following information:

LPCIO NS

Version 080015
Date 03/16/2010

Playback:

Digital Audio (S/PDIF)

NVIDIA HDMI OUT

Recording:

Thanks,

Duken30

Pages: 1 2