Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked] Unlocking acer aspire m7720
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
they're also additional menus that're under memory voltage with tons of cpu bridge options etc. I think there may be a setting in the bios itself, a string, thats locking changes to the menu. Time to find the locked string!

meanwhile, I was able to unlock all the resource pnp stuff in the bios, thats about it.

TheWiz
Wow I´am really amazed at what you guys can do. Even if you cant get it to work properly this is quite amazing...

I hope it works though ; )
Just wanted to update you guys so that you arent in the dark. So far, I have only been able to unlock the PnP Rersource options, and the CPU stuff remains hidden. If I find a way thought, youll be the first to know.

Thanks,

TheWiz
Guys, its unlocked!

Sorry for the long wait, it took some newer software Big Grin

TheWiz

EDIT. SEE BELOW
Thank you very much.. Big Grin I'll try it next thing tomorrow. My local time Wink
Here is the updated link:

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/Acer/M7720mod.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/M7720mod.zip

Unlocked features:
[Image: unlock1.PNG][Image: unlock2.PNG][Image: unlock3.PNG]
[Image: unlock4.PNG]

Hope its goes well!
TheWiz
Once again thank you very much Wink.. I'll be sure to try and take a look at the donate button xD but that will all be tomorrow Wink
Well it works. I can see all you listed.. I can change several new options ;D... Still a shame I cant change the BLCK speed, so there is still no real ocing fo the cpu..
But thanks for all the other stuff Wink
Great, Ill move this to the unlocked section.
Nice work there, TheWiz! I have been watching this thread (as a guest, of course) for over a month to see if there were any updates and I am glad that you finally managed to unlock the BIOS for the Acer Aspire M7720.

I have a quick question though. The BIOS version which you modded was AMI R01-A3. However, mine is AMI R01-A4. Would your modded BIOS for AMI R01-A3 work for the AMI R01-A4? If not, is it possible for me to downgrade to AMI R01-A3 through the link on the first page (second post)/Acer website? I am asking this as I am afraid of messing up the entire system... Unfortunately, I am unable to post a link to the AMI R01-A4 BIOS as it does not show up on the Acer website and the AMI R01-A4 was the BIOS version my system came with when I purchased it a few months ago.

Again, I would like to applaud you for your efforts in unlocking the Acer Aspire M7720 BIOS!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6