Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked] Unlocking acer aspire m7720
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
AH so they were hidden operating system files... That totally slipped my mind for some reason... Revealed the operating system files and there they were, 3 files. Thanks for clearing that up for me, TheWiz.
Well, then your ready for the flash.

TheWiz
Aye, I'll be looking forward to trying out the modded BIOS when you get it done Smile
Thanks for the reminder, I almost completly forgot. Big Grin Here you are, seems like they even disabled the PnP stuff in here, all the goodies though!

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/Acer/m7720R01a4mod.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/m7720R01a4mod.rom

TheWiz
Thanks a lot for the modded BIOS! However, I ran into a small issue when I tried flashing the modded BIOS via DOS image. Apparently, the name "m77720R01a4mod.rom" was too long for the DOS and thus, gave me a file read error when I typed "afu m7720R01a4mod.rom". Solved the issue by renaming it to something shorter - "bios.rom" - and after that, the BIOS flashing went smoothly! There is now so much more to do in the BIOS!

Thanks a ton, TheWiz! When I get a PayPal account set up, I will definitely donate some coin to the site for all your hard work Smile
MB ID: (from everest)
64-2776-009999-00101111-120908-TYLSBURG$842A1P06_THIS BIOS IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR ACER ONLY (R01-A2) COPYRIGHT 2002-2008 BY ACER INC.

MB: Acer FX58M

Acer M7720

I'm not sure what else is important to make sure that I don't make any mistake. I was wondering if this bios-mod would work for me since the one I have gives me so few options.
Erm.. if you have an acer aspire m7720 I would think it would Big Grin
(01-01-2010, 11:29 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Erm.. if you have an acer aspire m7720 I would think it would Big Grin

Also I was looking, what kind of risk is there in this? I know bad stuff can happen but realistically speaking if I have an acer m7720 than I should be good?
Well, if you are an idiot while flashing, yes bad things can happen, but generally AMI bioses have better chances of recovery, and no one with this bios has had a bad flash, given they have an acer aspire m7720.

TheWiz
(01-02-2010, 10:19 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you are an idiot while flashing, yes bad things can happen, but generally AMI bioses have better chances of recovery, and no one with this bios has had a bad flash, given they have an acer aspire m7720.

TheWiz

One last thing, the files you uploaded on the previous page for making a bootable usb are no longer up and I'm not sure how to use the .rom
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6