Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P7H55/USB3 headless mod??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope someone can help me with this question:
I am wondering if its possible to edit the Asus P7H55/USB3 bios so that the system can boot without a graphics card, this is currently not possible.
Any help, or a steering in the right direction is highly appreciated.

bios file: 1606ami

thanks Smile
please repost in this thread that you have opened. I need you to attach a copy of your bios rom using the attachment tool located below the posting window. thx and please remember this for future requests that you must provide a copy of your bios roms with all requests.
(04-18-2011, 12:19 AM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]I hope someone can help me with this question:
I am wondering if its possible to edit the Asus P7H55/USB3 bios so that the system can boot without a graphics card, this is currently not possible.
Any help, or a steering in the right direction is highly appreciated.

bios file: 1606ami

thanks Smile

I'm not very familiar is the world of bios modding, but is it even possible to edit a bios and change settings to make the motherboard boot headless? I don't read much online about this being possible with 2MB asus bios.
I do really hope someone can at least take a look, any unlocks for the bios would also be appreciated Blush
You need to provide a copy of your bios rom for us to proceed. please follow the forum rules!

(04-19-2011, 01:45 AM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not very familiar is the world of bios modding, but is it even possible to edit a bios and change settings to make the motherboard boot headless? I don't read much online about this being possible with 2MB asus bios.
I do really hope someone can at least take a look, any unlocks for the bios would also be appreciated Blush

A few days ago I attached the bios file and there was allready a link to the file, I really hope someone can find a solution. I read on rebelshavenforum.com about editing post jump table? rebelshavenforumits beyond my knowhow to edit a bios file with IDA pro. I think there are 2 hidden options in the bios file if I'm not mistaken? thanks
the was one hidden in the usb portion and a hidden menu under the AI setting but nothing was listed under try it out and let us know.
[attachment=2041]

(04-23-2011, 05:58 PM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]A few days ago I attached the bios file and there was allready a link to the file, I really hope someone can find a solution. I read on rebelshavenforum.com about editing post jump table? rebelshavenforumits beyond my knowhow to edit a bios file with IDA pro. I think there are 2 hidden options in the bios file if I'm not mistaken? thanks

Thank you very much f3bandit, I really appreciate your effort. But before I flash, I was wondering if any adjustments were made to enable headless running (editing the post jump tables?). many thanks again

(04-23-2011, 09:57 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]the was one hidden in the usb portion and a hidden menu under the AI setting but nothing was listed under try it out and let us know.

(04-23-2011, 05:58 PM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]A few days ago I attached the bios file and there was allready a link to the file, I really hope someone can find a solution. I read on rebelshavenforum.com about editing post jump table? rebelshavenforumits beyond my knowhow to edit a bios file with IDA pro. I think there are 2 hidden options in the bios file if I'm not mistaken? thanks

None that I can thinjk of other than setting to defaults before flashing just to be safe. i didn't see anything in the setting that I found about a headless option. but there were a couple of things hidden. so i unlocked them hope that helps. I could always look again if you provide me with a better description of what headless option is so maybe I could find what your looking for. As I am not familiar with that specific term.

(04-24-2011, 11:29 AM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much f3bandit, I really appreciate your effort. But before I flash, I was wondering if any adjustments were made to enable headless running (editing the post jump tables?). many thanks again

(04-23-2011, 09:57 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]the was one hidden in the usb portion and a hidden menu under the AI setting but nothing was listed under try it out and let us know.

Headless options means being able to boot the system without videocard. Currently the system doesn't post without a GPU.

(04-25-2011, 03:15 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]None that I can thinjk of other than setting to defaults before flashing just to be safe. i didn't see anything in the setting that I found about a headless option. but there were a couple of things hidden. so i unlocked them hope that helps. I could always look again if you provide me with a better description of what headless option is so maybe I could find what your looking for. As I am not familiar with that specific term.

well as far as i can see there is no specific setting for uch a function. but the only thing that comes to mind is the halt on error function on most mobo's. in you case it reads as "wait for F1 if error" try toggling that to disabled. as that should tell the system to ignore any and all errors and to boot the OS.
(04-27-2011, 01:56 AM)MrRDjS Wrote: [ -> ]Headless options means being able to boot the system without videocard. Currently the system doesn't post without a GPU.

(04-25-2011, 03:15 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]None that I can thinjk of other than setting to defaults before flashing just to be safe. i didn't see anything in the setting that I found about a headless option. but there were a couple of things hidden. so i unlocked them hope that helps. I could always look again if you provide me with a better description of what headless option is so maybe I could find what your looking for. As I am not familiar with that specific term.

Pages: 1 2