Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (UNLOCKED BIOS IN POST 28 )- Packard Bell Ipower GX DQ 767
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
sure it`s your original bios file ( i just renamed it to bios.wph sothat , wincrisis could recognize it and copy it to the usb stick ) .

but , i have some notes about your bios :-
1 ) it`s sure that you must remove any passwords before flashing your bios with a modified one from dos.
2 ) don`t flash on overclocked or manually adjusted setting ...........i mean it would be safer to restore your bios defaults before flashing it.
3 ) when you forget your password or a you find a problem which is related to bios password...........in this case , removing CMOS battery would do nothing.......you should knew the method to remove this password ( usually by disassembling your notebook then shorten a known circuit to force bios to remove it OR you would find a jumper responsible for doing this mission and i don`t knew the method for this in your notebook )
4 ) you should use the phlash16.exe that comes with your bios files when flashing from dos.
5 ) your bios is a normal phoenix bios and i have edited bioses like this successfully with no bricks reported . however , i think you might have done something wrong ( flashing using another version of phlash.exe , didn`t remove your password )..........OR it might be that i have uploaded A corrupted bios image but i checked it again and i found it shouldn`t brick your notebook.

FINALLY , try to recover using the crisis disk then your computer will be normal again.................if you want to try the modified bios , you would remove passwords and flash it using the right version of phlash.exe then the modified bios would work normally like other bioses i have edited before .
i`m waiting your reply to let me knew if the crisisdisk have flashed your bios .
how do I know if the key combination is the right one?
you've called me several!

I've done this:
If users set a BIOS password (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) for securityreasons, the BIOS will ask for the password during system POST or when the system entersthe BIOS Setup menu. However, once it is necessary to bypass the password check, usersneed to short the HW Gap to clear the password.Follow these steps:

1.Power off the system, and remove the hard drive, AC adapter, and battery from thesystem.

2.Remove the memory bay cover.

3.The HW Gap (G116) near the wireless LAN connector.

4.Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the HW Gap. Make sureyou do not touch or damage any other components.

5.Plug in AC, keep the short condition on the HW Gap, and press Power Button topower on the system till BIOS POST finish. Then remove the tool from the HW Gap.
when flashing from dos using phlash16.exe..................just type ( phlash16.exe bios.wph ) or type phlash16.exe and it would automatically flash using a file named bios.wph which it would find in the usbstick.

i think that now , you should use the crisis disk and doing the method of removing the password would be useful only if the notebook is bootable but requires a password but now the bios needs to bs flashed using crisis disk not removing password.

i`m waiting yor reply .
LOL - i'm stupid ;-)
Screen is black!

Automatic bios update - i think

i hold (short) ESC and FN - NO BEEPS!!
Notebook bios update works?
i don't know

usb stick glows at the start 4-5 times.
at this time no longer

i will wait 15minutes
well , you should see your usb`s light turning on and of ...........if you see this , the bios is now being flashed.
if you don`t see this , just wait 15 minutes then see if the notebook works or not.

i think that , as no beeps now , the bios is being flashed .

as you said you saw the usb glows for 4 - 5 minutes...........this means the bios is being flashed.
just wait and it would restart automatically then your notebook works again Big Grin
no nothing ! ;-(

the usb glows not 15 minutes! 4-5 times at startin notebook
then no longer!

3 files on usb stick - NO autoexec.bat! its this right
wincris runs automatically - right?

then i need a new bios!

in a normal PC - no problem - Bios Chip ist removable
here in a notebook.....

what can I do?
what should I do?
YOU DON`T NEED A NEW BIOS CHIP.........YOU JUST NEED TO KNEW THE RIGHT COMBINATION KEY TO PRESS TO MAKE YOUR NOTE BOOK START FLASHING.

in this case just use a 2GB usb stick and use this crisis disk .........then try differnt key combination or the same ( also try not to press any thing and just leave it flash automatically )
then i promise your bios will work again...............but you need the right version of phlash.exe to be copied with this.............try this crisis disk and tell me ( i will be online for you till this problem is fixed ) [attachment=2241]

you should see only 3 files in the usb stick ( BIOS.WPH , MINIDOS.SYS and PHLASH16.EXE )

im waiting the results after trying this .
After searching for the recovery of the packardbell phoenix bios , i found these information.

1 ) the right key combination is fn and esc .
2 ) i have found that this crisdisk is used for packardbell phoenix bios [attachment=2242]
3 ) the usb`s led should turn on and of for 5 to 10 minutes ( till it finish flashing )
4 ) after that the notebook would restart and boot normally .
i think - its the right combination = FN + ESC
Look here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/46800735/11-Se...er_page_40

i now use your Files at 2GB USB Stick
Wait 15minutes - i think last chance!
i have edited my last post and uploaded a new crisis disk with it as this is the one that i `m sure it`s for packardbell phoenix bios recovery.
the only difference is the phlash16.exe file.
have used the new file!
this was different:

The fan was loud at start

after 2 minutes - beep - beep beep beep
?

Now the fan is quiet again

EDIT:

I have a Intel Engeneering Sample CPU
It's a Problem for the Bios?
Pages: 1 2 3 4