Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (UNLOCKED BIOS IN POST 28 )- Packard Bell Ipower GX DQ 767
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
first , i have some questions .
1 ) did you see the usb`s light turning on and of .......if yes , how long did it still doing this!
2 ) i think it`s normal to make a beep sound while flashing...........just wait till the notebook restarts then see if this works .
3 ) after 15 minutes , if the notebbok still didn`t boot normally then tell me how many beeps it makes ( 1 long and 2 short beeps or 3 long.......etc ).

(07-10-2011, 01:15 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]first , i have some questions .
1 ) did you see the usb`s light turning on and of .......if yes , how long did it still doing this!
2 ) i think it`s normal to make a beep sound while flashing...........just wait till the notebook restarts then see if this works .
3 ) after 15 minutes , if the notebbok still didn`t boot normally then tell me how many beeps it makes ( 1 long and 2 short beeps or 3 long.......etc ).

1. lights turning on and off = 20 seconds
Fan loud
2. after 4 minutes - Fan not loud - USB Light turning off (completed) an turning on the light - than 1 beep long - and 2 beeps short

3. nothing else happens
well , please refer to this link to see if this is the right bios for your notebook or not http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download ( if this wasn`t right , then all of these problems could be fixed right now Big Grin ).

if the link was right ( iP GX DQ ) .................then we try the last chance .......these all are the most common phlash.exe for flashing bios [attachment=2243].............you will find phlash1a.exe then phlash1b.exe........etc and also phlash16.exe.
so , you would open the wincrise.exe and it will automatically copy the phlash16.exe and bios.wph and the minidos.sys files.
then just press fn+esc and you should see the usb`s light turning on and off for 5 to 10 minutes ( if it just do that for 20 seconds , you would knew that it would do nothing due to wrong phlash16.exe version )

if it fails try renaming the phlash1a.exe to phlash16.exe then run wincrise.exe and try flashing again.
try all phlash.exe files till your bios is flashed.

( it`s better to remove the battery , cd-rom and only connect the crisis usb and the ac power but try flashing first without doing this )
the Link is OK
It's my Notebook - but - i see no Bios!
I see only a Bios for the 9800GT Videocard

In my Notebook is a Nvidia GTX260M!
BlueRay Burner
HDD - not installed at this time
8GB RAM

I have a Intel Engeneering Sample CPU
Is this a Problem?
no problems with your ES cpu.
if the last bios wasn`t you notebook`s one..then you should give me the right link to your bios to make me able to extract your original bios.wph to flash your bios.
also if this wasn`t the right bios , all we have done is nothing .
in this case , if you get the right bios , your notebook would boot successfully again and i would be able to modify the right bios .
however , it seems to be the notebook`s bios not the vga as i opened it with phoenix bios editor and it seems to be your notebook`s bios.

so try finding the right link to your bios and i will search for it now too.

also , have you created the crisis disk using the previous files !
if yes , let me knew the results .
well , i have found some useful information that may help us.
infact , Packerdbell don`t offer bios download for many of it`s computers.
when you see easynote ENBG34 and ENBG48 and others ......you won`t find any bios download link for them .
and for ipower notebooks , you won`t find any bios download for them............it`s just a bios download for editing the vga card for nvidia no more.
so , it`s obvious now that i have moded the wrong file and you are now trying to flash with the wrong file .
you should find the right bios file by contacting Packardbell asking them for the original bios file as your notebook bios is corrupted during a bad flash.
OR just find any other one who has the same notebook and run a program called universal bios backup to make a copy from his bios then flashing it to your notebook again.

i think i should have noticed that this bios was for vga and also you should have posted a download link from the start Big Grin
any way , just contact packardbell and if this fails just take a bios image from another notebook.
i hvae the right bios!!! ;-))
Notebook runs

i cant here upload!
have you an email for me?

nice news Smile
i have sent you a PM with the email address Smile
here is your modified bios image based on the original image which you have sent me. Smile [attachment=2248]

i have unlocked the frequency ratio option and the intel menu which contains alot of unlocked options .

just remove any passwords , restore your bios defaults , use the phlash16.exe that comes with your original bios files , make a bootable usb to flash from dos , flash using the file called BIOS.WPH not the BIOS.ROM ( create a bootable usb stick then copy phlash16.exe and BIOS.WPH to it after that boot from the usb and flash your bios using phlash16.exe Phlash16 <rom-file name> /c/x/mode=3 OR just type phlash16.exe and it would automatically flash the BIOS.WPH file)

finally , i hope this works well as now i have edited the right bios image ( the last was for the vga not the motherboard ) ...........flash your bios and make sure you have the crisis disk ..........i`m waiting your reply Smile
Fantastic ;-)
I'm looking forward to the evening celebration

greetings from Germany

Andreas 'Ansgar'
The modified Bios works fantastic Big Grin

Thx Ahmed
Pages: 1 2 3 4