Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Test] Lenovo ThinkPad W510 1802/1804 Whitelist-Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
ok. good news and bad news. the good news is that this time the update went forward (was abnormally fast, not sure if it matters). reboot went ok too. the bad news is that afte i swap the wlan card on boot i still get the 1802 error.

Anything else i can provide for context ?

Many thanxs again.

(08-20-2011, 06:19 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]unpack the modded bios again, then unpack this last RAR over the installer and replace WINUPTP.EXE file, then run it

So it didn't flash anything.

Grab an older bios downgrade the laptop and then flash the modded one.

I saw in the WINUPTP that if it finds the bios is older it asks you to continue, but that choice is not for same version. So get an older bios, flash it and then flash the modded one.

Older version i think is here. http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj21us.exe
(back) ok, and _before_ i try that (and sorry in advance for me being a lot less brave than yesterday) if things go wrong (i.e. thing don't boot) is there some kit i should have handy in order to revive old bios ? (also, i would try not with the bundled (in the packed exe) WINUPTP but again with the standalone you posted last, right ?)

Thanxs again!

(08-21-2011, 07:53 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]So it didn't flash anything.

Grab an older bios downgrade the laptop and then flash the modded one.

I saw in the WINUPTP that if it finds the bios is older it asks you to continue, but that choice is not for same version. So get an older bios, flash it and then flash the modded one.

Older version i think is here. http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj21us.exe

No, flash older version as is and then flash the modded with the included WINUPTP, don't use the last "standalone" it's not needed now.
doesn't work. installer runs pretty fast with no errors. after reboot (it reboots ok Smile) bios stays (!) at 1.37. attempted to swap wlan card anyway - got 1802 again. fwiw and this is even stranger if after 1st attempt i try to update again i get the original error (even if bios still at 1.37 and installer 1.38).

Any ideas ?

All the best,

António

(08-22-2011, 01:14 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]No, flash older version as is and then flash the modded with the included WINUPTP, don't use the last "standalone" it's not needed now.

Run from command line

WINUPTP.EXE /s

In the folder of my modded bios and see if if flashes well modded 1.38
nope Sad.

All the best,

(08-22-2011, 03:43 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Run from command line

WINUPTP.EXE /s

In the folder of my modded bios and see if if flashes well modded 1.38

I have made a brand new pack for you, just download and execute it. And tell me.
ok. i'm on the road atm. will try it close to the end of the week.
thanxs for your patience and effort Smile

(08-22-2011, 06:44 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]I have made a brand new pack for you, just download and execute it. And tell me.

Did this one flash without problems and update to 1.38?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5