Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 8940G Unlock Virtualisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Are you able to enable the hidden features for Vitualisation / DEP options for the Aspire 8940G, the link for the bios is direct from Acers website using WinPhlash. I've also attached the backed up ROM file from my machine if that helps

BIOS Version: V1.3117

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ep3=Aspire 8940G&OS=721&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

[attachment=2585]

Thanks in Advance
I will modify it and upload it in a couple of days as there are a lot of requests here .
Sorry for my late reply , here is your bios file with unlocked intel tab which includes alot of menus .

[attachment=2618]

i`m waiting your reply .
The Mod BIOS worked like a charm, as you say it has added loads of new settings inside the new intel menu, thank you so much Smile

THANKS FOR YOU FEED BACK .

THREAD MOVED TO UNLOCKED SECTION .
I tried to flash with WinPhlash64, but i get an error.

"BIOS update failed! Image verification failed.
Required device or platform function is not present.
Error code: -142

Do I need to do anything special with the file?
flash using phlash16.exe from a dos98 bootable usb stick .
Can anyone tell me what the unlocked tabs are? I have an 8942G that is bios version 3314. I'm wondering if the unlocked tabs has a particular advantage.
It has the unlocked intel tab which includes a lot of menus for cpu , pci , sata ...etc .
Try flashing it and its already reported that it works perfectly .
Thanks for such a quick response. Unfortunately, no dice. I even threw the v3317 bios onto my laptop, but both situations I get stuck.

I'm able to start ph1614 successfully, but it won't go any further than the first step, staying at the description, "Identifying flash memory part type."

As a note, I am using a 8GB usb stick (not sure if there is a size limitation that the bios will recognize) and I'm attempting to update the bios from a restart at the C prompt.
My steps were:
Format usb as instructed
copy to stick: mod.wph - rename to bios.wph
copy to stick: ph1614.exe
change bios to boot to usb
restart
at c prompt - ph1614.exe
program starts and hangs after verification, but before actually moving to next step

Thanks again for your support.

Pages: 1 2