Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Test] Hp pavilion DV6-3100SS ATH2/P340 removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, could someone remove the whiltelist protection from my bios ? i´m trying to install a RTL8191SE Wlan on my laptot

Here is the bios file

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ry?os=4063&lc=es&cc=es&dlc=es&sw_lang=&product=4320639#N552

PD: i got a dual core AMD athlon processor , and sorry for posting before in wrong places Smile
Tell me please the PCI ID of your wifi card, not the RTL8191SE but the working one.
The original wifi card in the laptop is an ATHEROS AR 9285 802.11/b/g/n

I tihink you mean this code, The hardware PCI id is PCI\VEN_168c&dev_002b&cc_0280
Uploading now test file. Find here http://www.mediafire.com/?0g6v4to8qls6n

Read my signature and don't forget to come and give feedback.
Lots of thanks Camilo , do i have to install all the updates between my bios version and the last version? and the way to install the file you send me is the same as any other bios update?
No, just flash the last version directly.

Execute the file i gave you and it will flash your bios.
all right man i´ll test it in a few, but i have a last question, do i have to remove my old WIFI card before installing the new bios, or while it is rebooting the system the installshield? or just change the card afther install the bios?

Sorry i feel a bit stupid asking this but the laptop is of my dad and i dont wanna get him angry xD.
Doesn't matter when you change the card, but normally is better doing it after having flashhed the mod and ensure the notebook is still working properly.
``The system bios update failed´´ when the installshield reboots the computer and it says me that thereis a new update for your bios, I select YES and then show me that error.

where did i fail?
You need remove hptools partition before flash modded bios.
Pages: 1 2