Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: hp pavilion dv2710us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i have a hp pavilion dv2710us. i wanted to unlock hidden menus in bios so i control/disable the fan, that's my main intent, and other hidden menus if possible. gpu is heating up so bad that causes the lappy to crash. please unlock these options and if other options will be unlocked as well ill be very thankful. ill post feedback once installed. thanks bios-mods.com

here are my current bios details:

bios: Phoenix - WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (with AMD Processor)
version : F.28 released 2011-03-11
download link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52272.exe

The GPU fan will not be controlled through the bios options except its only one fan for cooling the cpu and gpu .
if the bios has a smart fan option or any option that increase fan speeds , i guess this will be affecting the cpu fan only or simply doesn`t affect any thing and will be useless option as its normally controlled through the embedded controller .
-- If you want to put any fan at full 100% speed all the time , you need to read post 5 in this thread :-
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...dification

also , your bios didn`t have any hidden options for controlling the fan so try the method in post 5 .
(09-15-2011, 01:21 AM)bogs777 Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

i have a hp pavilion dv2710us. ... gpu is heating up so bad that causes the lappy to crash. ...
Hi,

The proper solution to the GPU overheating is copper shims mod & re-apply thermal paste. For thermal paste, I recommend Shin-Etsu thermal paste.
(09-16-2011, 03:34 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]The GPU fan will not be controlled through the bios options except its only one fan for cooling the cpu and gpu .
if the bios has a smart fan option or any option that increase fan speeds , i guess this will be affecting the cpu fan only or simply doesn`t affect any thing and will be useless option as its normally controlled through the embedded controller .
-- If you want to put any fan at full 100% speed all the time , you need to read post 5 in this thread :-
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...dification

also , your bios didn`t have any hidden options for controlling the fan so try the method in post 5 .

this system has 1 fan and heatsink which provides air to both gpu and proc. If the smart control will be enabled i guess fan control is possible. If not ill go with the 3pin to 2pin
(09-16-2011, 03:34 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]also , your bios didn`t have any hidden options for controlling the fan so try the method in post 5 .

the bios already hasn`t got any options for the fan speeds or cooling .
try the method in post 5 and the fan will run on 100% speed when its on all the time .
oh, my bios doesnt have an option for fan control.glad to know.ill go with the hardware approach
have you tried the method in post 5 !
let me knew if you tried it .
sorry for the late response.been busy.not yet tried it.will update you soon.another thing i did was placing a copper coin between the gpu and heat sink. as hp designed it there's a gap between the gpu and heatsink.apparently there a blue rubber like pad that i think doesnt help. so i placed it then turn lappy on,and then the temp was drastically lowered by 20 degrees Celsius.

running the fan speed at 100% i think will help lower the temp too. speedfan reads it as -1 so it means that we can still tweak it.ill update you as soon as ive disabled fan control.