Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Alienware M11x R1 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Certainly. Let me figure out how to do it and I'll jump on it Smile
Sorry for the double post but I have read through the strings file of the bios and found some interesting things that I hope can be unlocked. Here is a list of the things I spotted in order of interest.
  • System Memory Frequency
  • Frequency ratio
  • Dynamic FSB (I'm not really sure what this is)
  • Fan Trip Points or Temp Controls
  • Speed Step
  • CPU, ICH, and MCH sub-menus

If there isn't enough free space for this stuff please let me know. Thanks again.
Hi there,

Did you manage to find a 333MHz FSB option?

Hopefully this will give us a 2GHz overclock (333MHz x 6)

Currently "overclock enabled" in the stock BIOS only overclocks to 1.6GHz (266MHz x 6)

Thanks
(09-30-2011, 11:39 PM)bus_dr1v3r Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly. Let me figure out how to do it and I'll jump on it Smile
Sorry for the double post but I have read through the strings file of the bios and found some interesting things that I hope can be unlocked. Here is a list of the things I spotted in order of interest.
  • System Memory Frequency
  • Frequency ratio
  • Dynamic FSB (I'm not really sure what this is)
  • Fan Trip Points or Temp Controls
  • Speed Step
  • CPU, ICH, and MCH sub-menus

If there isn't enough free space for this stuff please let me know. Thanks again.

i told you that all menus are empty and not linked to any options .
the cpu , ich , mch menus are empty too .

is this all options you need or you need more !
I believe i saw a multiplier setting in the bios also. It would be greatly appreciated.
ok , i will unlock the previous settings choosed by BUS_DR1V3R and add to them any important and multiplier options .
I'll help test the BIOS.
Thanks!!! I will test also
(10-01-2011, 03:22 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]ok , i will unlock the previous settings choosed by BUS_DR1V3R and add to them any important and multiplier options .

The things I mentioned were the only things I noticed in the strings. I am in no way experienced with bios mods so if you, or anyone else, has suggestions for things that may be useful I would greatly appreciate input. I'm still learning! Smile
Ahmed, there are a TON of people over on the m11x forums watching this thread in hopes for a successful mod. You would be a true hero for all of us m11xr1 users
thank you , i will do my best and upload the mod tomorrow as i`m working on it now Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5