Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Alienware M11x R1 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i have a picture right here. you should also make a tutorial on it how to set the frequency so we can overclock to around 2.0 or 2.1 XD
heres the pic http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/79068213.jpg/

(11-19-2011, 04:47 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All ,

There is a register modification should be done to make the frequency is READ/WRITE not read only .
I will try to mod the bios again next week as i have alot of exams in my college this week .

The register can be modified successfully for some CPUs to make the frequency R/W and for others this will only cause the notebook didin`t boot .
If any one can upload PIC for the cpu from CPUZ , it will help me to determine what exactly will be modified .

any news on the bios?
(11-19-2011, 04:47 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All ,

There is a register modification should be done to make the frequency is READ/WRITE not read only .
I will try to mod the bios again next week as i have alot of exams in my college this week .

The register can be modified successfully for some CPUs to make the frequency R/W and for others this will only cause the notebook didin`t boot .
If any one can upload PIC for the cpu from CPUZ , it will help me to determine what exactly will be modified .

is the bios working by any chance?
Hello sir,
Could you mod the following Alienware M11x BIOS with only the followings ? :
Alienware M11x R1 Bios mod gpu @3D +0.5v

-set OverClock to Enabled
-as default, after bios flash or reset, the system is set to Overclock Enabled
-Exit > Load Setup Defaults sets to OverClock Enabled
[optimisations]
-set ultra dma mode 6
-set 32 bit i/o enabled
-gpu voltage on discrete +0.5 [this is already done within the bios I provided above]
-replace Graphics Mode

-replace Graphics: Switchable with Integrated [not just by name, but disable the Discrete when using Integrated, just like Discrete disables Integrated resulting to the following: Graphics Mode: Integrated / Discrete]
[lenovo had already implemented this: Lenovo Bios Graphics Mode]

on both S_Default and M_Default

note: flashing, reseting or loading default options sets the OverClock to Enabled
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5