Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell XPS 14z (L412Z)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(09-07-2012, 08:30 PM)Pauley Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm also interested in a modded A05 BIOS for my XPS 14z. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X

I just wanted to bump this, can anyone help out the the A05 version of the bios? Any help would be super appreciated!
bump for the A05. Thanks in advance
Bump folks - would really like an unlocked bios for this please!
Here you go. Unlocked three tabs in the A.05 bios Big Grin

And I always appreciate donations Blush
(02-08-2014, 03:20 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go. Unlocked three tabs in the A.05 bios Big Grin

And I always appreciate donations Blush
Thanks for posting the A05 version. Any chance you can do it for the A06 version? Also, I would be very interested in learning how you do this as its something I have wanted to learn for a while.

Link to latest Dell XPS 14z bios: http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER00926481M/1/L412Z_A06.exe
Valentine's day bump!HeartTongue
Lol thanks for being so patient. I was extra busy this week with school, so I'll get the A06 bios done tomorrow. I'll also post some screen shots explaining the modifications I do so that you can understand how it all works Big Grin
OK, here's the A06 modded bios.

And for a quick explination, I after extracting the Setup module form the rom, I dissassemble it with IDA Pro and see why the tabs are being hidden. As you can see in thei screen shot, the tabs were being skipped becase of a blacklist.

[Image: Dell%20A06%20Tabs.png]

Then I use Universal IFR Extractor to see if there's any additional settings being hidden. You can see here that there's soem options being hidden by the EFI_IFR_SUPPRESS_IF_OP and EFI_IFR_TRUE_OP.

[Image: Dell%20A06%20IFR.png]

That's it. I go into a lot more detail about reverse engineering and modifying bios in the tutorial on my blog Big Grin
Awesome sauce!! Thanks for taking the time to explain it with screenshots. Now I just need to digest it all and learn from it. Also, big thanks on getting the A06 version unlocked too!!
Duuuuuuuuuude, i've been waiting for A05 mod for over a year.
Just flashed it and everything went smooth.
Thanks a lot!
Pages: 1 2 3